Heaters

<<grinning>>

Wow - so much response to "can you submerge it or not?" and "use the clips / brackets or not?" (paraphrased). smile.gif

Maybe "read the manufacturer's instructions" answers both simply.

Cheers - OziOscar (now running for cover and donning tactical armour, despite loving reading some very good theories and notes of lengthy experience and successful method). :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Mathew, i've learn't something very valuable :

Don't ask dumb questions when all I should have done was look at the level indicator on the heater. wink2.gif

cheers everyone for the imput, it'd been VERY interesting/illuminating. LOL.gif

glenn

It's not a dumb question Glenn, because as you have learnt there are a lot of us who still fully submerse the heaters even thought they might not be designed for that purpose.

Unless your water level in the tank is lower than mine, it will be difficult to have a couple of inches of heater poking up above the water line.

At least now you understand the risks associated with such a practice smile.gif

G'day BaZ,

The origional reason for the post was because I had a new sump made to "glenn's" spec's and I goofed blush.gif .

It is a baffle type and I had the last sheet of glass baffle as an "up" flow before waterfalling into the holding section. Trouble is I specified it too short and also the space between sheets a little narrow to have the heaters in it vertically as I imagined. I was seeing how much I could have exposed (cheating) without damage, so now they are in the main holding section which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place. dry.gif

cheers

glenn

Archived