AAE now Qantas Freight?

FullyYellow

Hey guys,

Looking for an alternative to shipping. Was used to using AAE and I gave quotes based on the online calculator. Now it seems to have changed where you receive a quote online and need to create an account with Qantas Freight.

My purpose of this post is to ask people who ship fish. Do you use other alternatives such as couriers? Which ship overnight service? If so please give me a run down on how you guys create an account. Where we drop the fish off or does it get picked up? And finally estimated costs relating to shipping interstate.

I'm not concerned about the long hours of fish in transit as I've bagged fish and had them sitting in the bag for over 24hrs with no problems and no oxygen pumped in.

Thanks in advance for your input guys!

Hi I have used Qantas freight before with fish. There is a seperate section at the domestic terminal and there is parking out the front. The seller provides the buyer with a tracking number. The buyer can then go to the qantas freight website and enter the tracking number to see the status of the package. They can check flight information etc on the site. The fish I got were from Melbourne and arrived fine, cost was about $70 from memory.

AAE is now QANTAS freight . No real change other than cosmetic as QANTAS always owned AAE anyway . The majority of fish being sent during the day were in the cargo hold of QANTAS aircraft prior to the name change . I did purchase some fish from a shop in melbourne approx 6 months ago and their policy was road freight. The fish got lost and 48 hours later the dead fish arrived , the shop gave a full refund ( except the freight cost , go figure) . I dont like road freight , to many hands in the pie makes for mistakes.

Hey Rob,

Ended up shipping the fish this morning. Your package must have been big I shipped a small foam box weighed about 4kg. For $45. Before when I shipped with AAE it was approx $60-70 with a broccoli box.

Do my quotes sound about right?

Cheers.

Archived