Useless posts

Ant

Can people please refrain from posting statements like "you have PM" or "you have e-mail". People will discover by themselves that they have a private message or e-mail therefore it is useless to remind them by doing this. Posts of this nature have been and will be deleted without warning.

Thankyou cool.gif

Anthony

Edited by fins

Good point Antman.

I'll also add that normal procedure means your entire thread should be deleted if you are caught bumping.

Don't risk it if you are serious about making a sale wink2.gif

That would be rule 11 in the Conditions Of Classified Use smile.gif

11. Don't bump your posts - ie: move them to the top of the page without adding any significant information to the post. Posts that are being bumped without reason will be deleted - without warning.

3. Preface all new topic posts with one of either WTB: (Wanted to buy) or FS: (For sale) or EOI: (Expressions of interest) or FREE: (self explanatory, I hope).

ACE Advertisers excepted

Maybe you should preface with FREE... Seems to get more attention. Especially from some of the main offenders I would think... zipit.gif

maybe some one could make a template of "how your post should be set out". This would stop questions like "got any photo's" and a reply of "nope" and have the post deleted after 2 months or some thing like that

for example

F.S.---what ever it is wink.gif

Hi everyone

I have for sale

-Some of these. I want $$$ for it

<insert picture hear>

-and some of these. I want $$$ for it

<insert picture hear>

etc etc

---whatever babble you want to add----

Contact me by PM email <insert address here>

Thanks

thumb.gif

who ever you are

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

Thanks

thumb.gif

Josh

Josh, we'd love to include a template for classified ads, and we looked into it about a year ago when we first changed forums, but I don't think Invision (or any other forum) has that feature.

Maybe Fins can confirm that.

And there's a whole bunch of people out there who are usually against any form of structure, guidelines or rules which we bring in.

Of course if the majority felt it would be beneficial we could give it further consideration but I for one am sick of dealing with all the whinging when something around here changes LOL.gif

Hi Guys and Mods...

I think the reason most people put "you have PM" etc is to indicate to everyone else that a party is seriously interested in the item(s) and to deter further parties attempting the transaction.

Well, that's why I have used it in the past.

Cheers - OziOscar.

Then you should be stating your intentions. If you are interested, say something like "I'm interested in the frontosa and I will PM you my contact details" or "I'm interested but have a few questions. Please check your PM inbox for details"

If you say "You have PM", you may just be asking about the size of the fish etc in the PM, but others may assume that you are buying them and may miss out on the fish because they thought they were spoken for.

We only delete posts if they serve no purpose in the thread. If you elaborate a bit as to why you have PM'd the seller (for everyone's benefit, not just the seller), then the post will remain and people will know if you are interested in the item or if you simply are asking a question.

• 5 months later...

I'm bumping this post again because it is still occurring. Please only leave relevant information in classifides. People will realise they have PM's, it pops up on the screen in a very obvious manner. Also people will realise they have an e-mail in a similar fashion.

Anthony