My fish getting skinny, please

ifish

Hi,

Wish if anyone can help.

I have this Tropheus moorii for around 5 months.

Few days ago, it become very skinny, it was hiding in the cave.

Yesterday, it start to stay near the surface of the water, and it also has damaged fins and scales now.

Other fishes in the that tank seem to be normal.

The PH is around 7.8, and I did weekly 25% water change.

The same problem has been happen to some other some fish before. I seperated them to a quaratine tank and treat with Epsom salt. However, they did not made it.

Please help. What can I do?

Any help would be great.

Setup as below:

4ft standard tank, 2217 canister filter & an internal filter.

Temp. at 26 degree.

Sandstone to make several caves and tunnels. Also a small piece of driftwood for the bristlenose.

Feeding sinking cichlid's pellet twice a day, usually finish in 2 mins, and sometime with cucumber.

Below are fish in the tank, most of them are around 5 months old:

firemouth

Taiwan reef

Sulphur crested lithobates

Red empress

Red forest jewel

Electric yellow

Electric blue

Kingsizei

Venustus

Tropheus moorii

Leleupi

Common bristlenose

Cuckoo catfish

Tangerine peacock

Photo of the tank as below:

image_zps0108da8a.jpg

There are 3 moorii in the tank, no sure about the sex.

I putted the skinny moorii in a quarantine tank with Epsom salt yesterday, and it did not seem stay near the surface any more.

It does not seem to interest on any food.

There were 2 of the Electric yellow, 1 firemouth and 1 Red forest jewel had the skinny disease and passed away before.

They were happen in different time. The red forest last for a few weeks, the others only last 1 to 2 days after I noticed they became skinny.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a skinny moorii who is not eating, mine is just a small one(5cm) does not get harassed by anything, 3ft with Lelupi,Tropheus dubosi,Tropheus( yellow black stripes?) Pleco and 2 small shell dwellers nothing over 6cm, was alright when I first got it. Sometimes swims up to the food but just seams not interested. Have tried a few different types of food to no avail. Anyways if you find a solution please do tell.

Last Sunday, I did a 50% water changed, and I tried "fluke & tapeworm" tablet with Epsom salt for that fish alone in a QT,. and increase the temp. to 28 degree.

After 1 day, it start to eat a little bit. It seem to be more active and getting better. I start to feed a bit more for the last few days, and it finish a of them.

Hope that it will back to normal soon.

Archived