My picky ram!

Kribbie

Hi guys,

I've bought a ram from a LFS few days ago, when I feed it with my tropical flakes that I usually feed my other community fishes, the ram just won't eat it and spitted out the flakes... HOWEVER, when I tried to feed it with frozen blood worms, it just love it and ate alot! dry.gif I've tried to feed it again with the flakes for three days but it just wouldn't show any inteset to eat..and now it is just getting skinny...

This is my question here... is there any methods that I can try to get the ram to eat the flakes? Since I don't really want to use the blood worms as a staple diet to get my rams to eat..

Thanks a million~

Heidi

Just take it easy and give it what you want to be its staple diet in small amounts. Soon enough it will eat. They can be stubborn (sometimes to the point of near starvation), but will choose to survive rather than die.

Cheers - OziOscar.

Hi OziOscar,

Yea~ I reckon it is VERY stubborn! No matter what I throw into the tank, it just spit them all out except the blood worms! tongue.gif I tried to feed the whole tank with flakes, however, all my tetras are just too fast to taken all the flakes even before the ram has noticed it, and that's my real concern.....the ram is just too slow to notice anything flowing on the water surface~

Maybe I'll just try to use your method and "force" it to eat what I throw in....hope it works~ rolleyes.gif

Thanks anyway~

Cheez,

Heidi

Archived