cichlid industries

Surtac

Hey Mate,

from what I can gather, a young fella up our way has bought a lot of Cichlids Direct's tanks (he may have bought them out altogether, I don't know). We have been following updates on facebook and believe he is now open. I'm keen for a look if you want to come along. I'll give you a call :)

Hi Shane

I would be interested in having a look, if we can.Do you still have my number if not just send me a pm on here.

All the best for the new year.I was thinking about going to the meeting this weekend but have not decided yet.

Hi all,

I thought I would explain a bit about myself and my business Cichlid Industries.

My name is Daniel Halliday I'm 27, I've kept Cichlids on and off for several years and thought I should finally turn my passion into a business.

I bought alot of Cichlids Direct tanks and some brood stock a couple of months ago.

Since then I've been sourcing alot more tanks and brood stock from various locations to help put together an online business, Cichlid Industries was born.

I don't claim to know everything, there is always something to learn. I'm trying to provide good quality fish to people in Australia the cheapest and best way possible.

I'm always open to feedback and any ideas on how to make my website more user friendly.

Feel free to ask questions on here or my website or facebook page.

http://cichlidindustries.com.au/

http://www.facebook.com/CichlidIndustries

Looking forward to hearing your ideas

Cichlid Industries

Hi Daniel

Good luck with your new business.I hope it all goes well for you.

Are you open to the public or is it online only.I would be keen to have a look at your setup but understand if that is not possible.

Wayne

My name is Daniel Halliday I'm 27, I've kept Cichlids on and off for several years and thought I should finally turn my passion into a business.

Welcome to the forum Daniel! It's always great to hear of people who have turned their passion into a living :)

I don't claim to know everything, there is always something to learn. I'm trying to provide good quality fish to people in Australia the cheapest and best way possible.

I'm always open to feedback and any ideas on how to make my website more user friendly.

You've come to the right place for good advice and feedback :thumb

All the best for your new venture!

Michelle :)

the website looks good and shipping cost is very resonable. the only thing i see wrong with it is the number of species sold out. but im sure that will improve with time. looking forward to doing business with you.

and the Aststatotilapia latifasciata should be in the victorian section not Malawi.

best of luck though.

Thanks alot for the feedback. Yeh im trying to get new breeds and your right its going to take time but in the end should be a great selection of fish. There is a section on the page where you can advise what type of fish you would like to see for sale in the future, feel free to post in that.

Thanks for the heads up dazzman will sort it out now

Hey Rosco

Thanks for the feedback :spaz:

Looked into it and im finding confusing info.

On the "Cichlid Forum" its coming up as Metriaclima sp. "elongatus chewere"

and also in the book I have Malawi Cichlids in their natural habitat 4th Edition by Ad Konings.

But everywhere else on the net is like what you said.

Any ideas on what would be the most correct or somewhere else i could reference it?

Thanks again

It is confusing.I don't have the books but it does seen inconstant with ps. Elongatus "mpanga" and "neon spot" but I would not be surprised at all lol. all that matters is that the picture comes up on the nswcs auction app lol.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Rosco

If i may say, your Tanganyikan and American section is a little empty....

Some of the more common Tang species such as, L. Ocellatus, N. Leleupi, N. Brichardi, Julidochromis species and a good selection of Cyprichromis leptosoma variants and Frontosa variants would be a good place to start.

May i suggest a selection of Appistogramma and Geophagus species?

• 1 month later...

Great stuff Daniel...Im making an order as we speak for some of the rarer guys that you do have in stock....tell you what mate if you can get some of the rarer malawi and tang predators(Aristochromis Christyi and Lepidiolamprologus Elongatus are my main objectives :))then you will be getting another order el pronto :):)...site looks good and maybe add some more americans(as mentioned) but its a good thing that your on to and I like the overall style... :)

Thanks goldenswimmers for your purchase and feedback. :) I'm sure you will be happy with the Cichlids. I am trying to build up a big list but of course taks time, I have a fair few species about to be added to site very soon, As for the predators hopefully the Champsochromis Caeruleus will hold full term soon. I will try and get hold of some others in the near future.

Thanks again :)

Archived