Turtles

E4G13M4N

<H1>Melafix with Turtles?</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: slotha</STRONG><BR><BR>Can i add Melafix to a tank that has cichlids and turtles in it or is it a no no?

<br>

Also is it ok for my fish to take turtle food and vice versa?

<br>

Thanks

<br>

Tim

<br>

</P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: E4G13M4N</STRONG><BR><BR>Depends on what sort of cichlids they are slotha, as most turtle foods especially the Frozen foods is high in protein ..

<br>

<br>

Melafix can be used with turtles *Edit* So can pimafix.

<br>

<br>

<br>

^Mark^

<br>

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: slotha</STRONG><BR><BR>They are just Jack Dempseys. Might be a problem if they were Africans then i guess.

<br>

Tim

<br>

<br>

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: E4G13M4N</STRONG><BR><BR>They will be fine then

<br>

<br>

^Mark^

<H1>Betadine for wounds?</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: slotha</STRONG><BR><BR>A lady said that she uses Betadine for any wounds that her turtles get. My every now and then get little wounds on them from rocks and things and i was wondering if its a good idea to use this? How is it applied and where can it be brought from? Do they charge like a wounded bull for it to?

<br>

Cheers

Tim

</P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: jghoward1</STRONG><BR><BR>You can buy it from the local chemist or pharmacy. Its pretty cheap (as in maybe $6 for a small bottle). You can get it as a solution which i think u would want for a turtle (i use a cream for gravel rash after falls off the bike).

<br>

<br>

apply using a cotton bud.

<br>

<br>

Jon

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: E4G13M4N</STRONG><BR><BR>I think you can still buy the diluted solution from chemist ..

<br>

<br>

which is better to use..

<br>

<br>

let the turtle dry out before applying, and then let the betadine dry as well before putting back in water

<br>

<br>

Its also can help if you have a turtle that keeps nipping at others paint the areas with betadine and they dont like the taste and usually leave them alone ..

<br>

<br>

^Mark^

Archived