Geophagus Altifrons Manaus

If there's any left, there only leftover males, last i heard they all died too, only the 1 group, that anyone knows of, and I'm sure they are the only ones.

Cheers Mark~

i know someone who has 10 Altifrons , but dont think they have started breeding yet... i was looking at them today , very nice fish.

dont know any more than they called them Altifrons

Well its difficult, when you add, Xingu, Tapajos, and the other variety's.

Haven't seen any Xingu, and The only breeding pair of Altifron's Tapajos Died.

Not sure if there's any fry left.

Most Altifrons are of the Tocantins collection point, and most fish sold in stores arn't altifrons at all.

So who knows.

Cheers Mark~

I'll know where the altifrons tapajos were purchased and have seen one lot come through a few years ago. When young their body shape resembles a half grown orange head. I will keep an eye out for more and do some digging into who the supplier is.

The person with the group of Manaus should try and send fry all over oz. :wink2::wink2:

Most Altifrons are of the Tocantins collection point, and most fish sold in stores arn't altifrons at all.

Many QLD stores are getting most things other than surinamensis/brachybranchus correct these days. I know a couple of stores with G. altifrons for sale which are in fact G. altifrons "Tocantins". Even the Orange Heads up here are generally accurate.

I'll know where the altifrons tapajos were purchased and have seen one lot come through a few years ago. When young their body shape resembles a half grown orange head. I will keep an eye out for more and do some digging into who the supplier is.

The person with the group of Manaus should try and send fry all over oz. :wink2::wink2:

Yeah, i just remember that fella's pair of tapajos died before he managed to send them to a buyer.

Lol, yeh :wink2::wink2:

Many QLD stores are getting most things other than surinamensis/brachybranchus correct these days. I know a couple of stores with G. altifrons for sale which are in fact G. altifrons "Tocantins". Even the Orange Heads up here are generally accurate.

Yeah, lucky for QLD, because down here its bad with the ID's of geo's, ive seen a Rio Branco and a Columbia Venezuela both labeled as surinamensis in the same tank.

Alot of geo's at small sizes are still labeled as Geophagus Altifrons "Aripuana I or II"

Hopefully it gets better over time.

Cheers Mark~

and more to the point the guy with the Manaus definately should be feeling the pressure..........

No manaus for pat lol!

Archived