What Do You Rate The New Forum

Richard

What do you rate the new forum  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day

This looks great, a little bit to learn but i am sure we will all get the hang of it pretty quickly.

PS. It looks like a lot (or heap) of work has gone into this! :D

CYA Matthew (aka Beagly...)

I like the new format, it's alot more open. The old page was definately a cichlid page. But now we seem to be more accessible to other fish hobbyists. I like the idea of catfish and betta forums. Not to mention the Newcastle and Canberra forums.

This site is so well known that these changes should help it grow into a more central hub. Somewhere that every fish hobbyist from anywhere can find something

Good move guys!

G'day

I was just wondering about the people that had voted 1 and 5 out of ten?

What specific problems have you got with the board? Perhaps if you tell these guys they can solve the problems for you and make the board better for everone. :D

:D The layout is good (but familiar :p )

BUT... Sorry, not user friendly enough... especially for new comers...

of all the secured sites I have ever seen, they still allow full, if not majority read rights, however dont allow guest posts...

plus, copyright, copyright, copyright...

if php modules are being used, the php copyright must be retained in the source code...

NOTE:

<div align='center' class='copyright'>Powered by <a href="http://www.invisionboard.com" target='_blank'>Invision Power Board</a>(U) v1.2 © 2003  <a href='http://www.invisionpower.com' target='_blank'>IPS, Inc.</a></div>
</div>
</body>

IPB is not part of the phpBB group... and since you advertise the fact that php code is being used... http://www.scp-forum.com/forums/index.php? the copyright should be placed back in the overall_footer_tpl file, or html file whichever is being used as the refering source...

just my 2c worth, but the good thing is these things can be changed shaping this into a great site...

Rohan -

Here I was thinking you were going to be positive :wacko:.

We have not aimed to completely bar guests from seeing the forums - otherwise you would not see them. The aim is to make sure everyone posting is on the right side of the disclaimer - and the classifieds are away from people who abuse them.

Nor is the site complete or finished. As for the phpBB components - speak to the IPB ppl, it is their copyright notice.

I am trying to make it more user friendly :p - the SCP offers some of the best advice on cichlids on the net. I believe this is the biggest appeal of the SCP and if people want that advice then the single hoop they need to jump through to get it is more than adequate as far as I am concerned.

Hi Mr Lee -

We still have the general forum and the bigfish forum :):. In a way, I miss the old system also, it was less stressful :D to start with :p.

Anyway - I hope you enjoy the new system once you get used to it -

I guess we cannot expect to keep everyone happy, but it definitely seems to have been a good move considering all the positive feedback. There have been a number of changes to the Sydney Cichlid Page since it began, but they have all been for the better so far.

This may be a good time for us to all remember that the SCP was the first fish forum in Australia when it began 6 years ago. Plenty of other forums have popped up since then, but in my opinion they will never come close to having the same impact as this one :D

hii

the new site has some really cool features , but the colour is a bit ..well mmm boring! i think it looks a bit washed out, needs to be a bit bolder i think, just a tad glary.. but still great, how will we be able to comment here about posts that started on the old site, ie ongoing discussions comments, sometimes its nice to see what has already been said..

Archived