Bocourti

Bradc

Ive got a beautiful pair of bocourti but they are in seperate tanks at the moment because i nearly lost my female. She stresses out when anything new happens to her environment. When i first got her she didn't eat for 3 months because of the move. I clean her tankand shift some rocks to clean under them doesn't eat for a week or two.

Here is my issue. I wanna bring her from the garage into the house on a tank with her male as she has fattened right up and i wanna breed them. But im worried she won't eat for months again. Plus the added stress of the male etc and if there is aggression.

Has anyone had this issue with central Americans and found a way to combat this? I got the pair nearly 10 months ago and havent had them in the same tank for more then 3 days. Would really like to get some fry off them and just have them on display in the house. 

Ive tried that stress guard from seachem and it didnt do anything aswell cheers.

She is in a 3fter and wanting to move her and him into a 4ft standard tank inside. Ive got a divider cut up ready to go for the 4fter my issue is the stress etc in moving her again. I mean i said him going after her or the other way around but i have the divider but her seeing him etc is what i ment.

They are going in my 6fter now and cyps going in my 4x2x2. Both of those comments on tank size dont help my original question on reducing stress on a move seeing as they were in a large tank for the 3 days they were together.

A 5x2x2 would be plenty big. If the tank i had planned on them to go into was a 4x2x2 i would think would be plenty big as well.

Ive breed festae in a 4x2x2 roughly same size fish and they were happy and had plenty of space.

Hi Brad

the problem seems to be none compatibility with the pair

and that usually means putting a divider in the tank and then

there is a rock and/or large pot so something with a wide footprint

becomes necessary with flow from the males side to wash over

any eggs laid

BTW we are guessing at the size of the fish but assume they are

around 20cm size

Archived