6fter stock inspiration

Bradc

Hey people im after ideas for my standard 6fter ive got just sitting in the garage. 

Ive absolutely no idea what way i wanna go with it apart from knowing i dont want fronts in it. (Not a massive fan, can see the appeal just not for me yet)

Ive been looking at maskaheros argentea but ive also been looking into a colony of tropheus.

Just unsure what i want so im more after ideas of what you would do with it. What fish you would keep in it. Not fussed if its central or south American or any lake from Africa just looking for ideas.

I already keep bocorti geophagus mixed African tank with a few common species of haps peacocks and mbuna.

Let me know so i can atleast have some idea which way i wanna go lol.

Cheers people!

Well all depends on what path u want to take i love male peacocks but depending on location most lps just sell mixed peacocks (crossbred). Mbunas are a good bunch i have ob blueberrys, yellow labs and red top black bar in a 240l at the moment and a male peas and haps tank. Holding jst males can be a handful as beautiful as they are there nasty towards other males i have electric blue, sunshine, maylandi, flameback and a venustus there all abit worried at the moment my electric blue has been pretty hard on them but thats how it is holding all males wat path u take enjoy!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah i think ive found whatim after actually going to get a pair of hypsophrys nicaraguensis dunno if ill put them in the 6fter or 4x2x1.5 ive got spare but atleast found something i like. I think im liking the bi-parental substrate spawners at the moment so yeah.

Wow. This forum never ceases to surprise me. Im more of an African fan myself but man thats a nice fish mate. I must admit i Google search most of the fish mentioned on here (especially Americans and tangs) and i haven't come across this species before. Hope you find some and whack some pics on here. 

Yeah ive spent a fair few hours finding what i wanted and finding if they are available here. Ive found juvies at 5cm but im going to see if i can find a pair before committing to juvies and growing out. I found some veija argentea as well but the price is abit high at the moment so ill wait. Trust me most of my fish searching is googled haha but you have to learn about new species some how and my local areas fish shops isnt where you do that lol.

Archived