Electric eel

Alex

Hi

I visited Zurich recently and spent half a day at the Zurich Zoo, have to say it was one of the best zoos I've visited yet. 

Thought you fish nuts would appreciate this one. Had a big electric eel, would have been an easy 6' long. 

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/moorrii/media/E8107C76-EB1F-4DF2-AC23-4CD72CE7AC04_zpsbv8q7tkq.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/moorrii/E8107C76-EB1F-4DF2-AC23-4CD72CE7AC04_zpsbv8q7tkq.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

Also got a pretty cool video of it swimming around and gulping air. Will post it when I get home.

Alex

Just discovered that photobucket do not allow hot linking now, and are charging $500aud to use their hot linking feature, going to be a lot of ruined blogs and forum threads because of this. Photobucket pretty much jumped off a cliff with this one.

I think it's a calculated business strategy. Lots of users will find it easier to pay up than lose years of their posts. It would possibly detract new users signing up but who is to say they don't have another photo hosting platform under a different name, much cheaper or free? 

And if this strategy flops, they can always lower the price later. 

Time will tell. 

Holding customers at ransom over their beloved images (memories) is an interesting calculated business strategy. Just lowering the price if it doesn't 'work' will do little to regain disgruntled ex users. If this works out positively for photobucket I'll eat my hat. I'm overseas at the moment, but one of the first things I'll do on my return will be backing up my years worth of images and finding a different platform to host them - never to return to photobucket. 

True but they have also tried annoying adverts for a while which mustn't be working. If they really need money to survive then they don't have anything to lose really. And perhaps they also own the other cheaper platform you go to and this is a sneaky way to make that lower priced option look more attractive?

I would definitely back up all photos as a precaution. 

Archived