From africans to Central Americans

sweendog87

Hi guys decided to change from peacocks and haps to a few Americans i am setting a a new 55gal tank now this is as big as I can go and I know that they are big but was hopeing to have a red oscar green terror and ebjd I'm happy to hear negative feedback about it but i have seen it done and they all looked amazing healthy and happy and a 55gal I might change one of them if alot think it's for the best like to hear reasons or experiences thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hey mate. Oscars get way too big for a 55. A single male green terror would be fine though. You could possibly even get away with a pair if the female was pretty peaceful and not nasty to the male like mine was but then youl have to deal with fry. I'd steer well clear of ebjd as they are a lot of work just to keep remotely healthy due to the weakened genetics and don't tend to do well with different cichlid tank mates until they reach a pretty decent size. Hth 

Cheers mate yes iv heard they are hard to find strongly bread electrics so il just get a normal JD and I think my tank is bigger than 55 it's a 4 ft and iv been reading they are 125 gal il find out when I pick it up I guess

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Id still go easy on stocking it. May have a larger volume but its still only 4ft long. Also most of those listed can get a foot long even firemouths can reach 9 inches. Id stick to a pair of something. Or a small group of firemouths etc.

Archived