Pool filter sand

Bradc

So i bought some pool filter sand from a local pool shop and it looks great. But noticed on the side alot of warnings and labels saying wash hand and clothes after contact etc which had me a little concerned about if it had any form of chemical in the product.

Boral had their number on the side so gave them a call aftet looking at their SDS online myself and couldn't find anything in relation to chemicals just all hazards about silica breathing it in etc.

Called the number and they put me through a few people and then got my location and gave me the number for the local sand and cement manager of this area.

Spoke to a bloke named josh who told me about there is no chemical used and how they dredge and screen wash in fresh water and bag and load trucks and off it goes. Even invited me to the local process plant to see for myself. I told him how i am using it in my aquarium and he said he had the same sand in hes tank and even sent me a picture of hes setup.

I do contact maintenance in a quarry and got talking about how he would save my number and if they needed a hand fixing stuff he would give me a call.

All this on a friday arvo. Gotta say i was pretty impressed. Especially for a bunch of sand and rock blokes ?.

Anyway if you see blue circle specialized sand about its safe to use ??

Archived