My new malawi tank

Hi guys

Its been a while since I have posted a video of my tank so here it is. It is my new setup a 6x2.5x 2 foot lake malawi tank. The rostratus and taiwan reef both fancy the rostratus female, so fireworks happened! Im running a fluval fx6 and a big aqua one canister on it. Background is aqua decor slim model.

Round one.... fight!

Cheers Rob

20170514_155654.jpg

Fantastic looking tank as usual. That Taiwan reef is beautiful!

I am planning something very similar after i get back from europe in september. 

How are you liking the 2.5 high? Any added difficulty when working on the tank? 

Im considering 6x2.5x2.5 fossorochromis species tank or marine tank. 

Hi Michael thanks mate. The 2.5 high looks heaps better, so highly recommended. A bit of a pain to reach into but ive got a claw to move stuff. Ive got a 8 x 4 foot outdoor malawi raised pond aswell now.come and check it out when u are back. Have fun in europe. Have u seen any aquarium shops over there?

Hi Luis I got it from the aquarium manufacturers at moorebank. Its the modern cabinet they do in white and black. Happy with the job they did.

Cheers Rob

Looks great! Regret not going 2.5 high now myself considering the cabinet and hood are exactly the same. Any pics and details on the pond? Sounds interesting! How you heating it? I have some livebearers in a 550L raised pond. Chucked a 150w heater in it to try and at least take the edge off the cool nights. Seems to be working so far.

Cheers, Ian

Hi Ian

The outdoor pond is doing ok with the cool nights as there is no losses reported so far. I am using 2xeheim 100 watts and 2x black material from bunnings which is like some sort of plastic cardboard for the lid. Not sure what thats used for i got it from the plywood section of bunnings. It seems to insulate OK. Here is a short clip of the pond. The fish seem to be growing quick in there. There is also a blue tongue lizard that hangs out there probably from the heat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hD928SLMS0

Regards Rob

Archived