Moving house - what to do???

Adzzy

Hi Guys

I will be moving house in 2 months but wont move into the new house for about 3 months. Does anyone know if there is a boarding place for fish?

I have about 30 adult Africans in a 6x2x2 display tank.

Also does anyone see any issues if they are split up into different tanks? the community is good with very little agro and I've had no deaths in years, will splitting them up change that?

Cheers Adam

Some fish shops will board fish for you.  Or there could be a fellow fish keeper with space who can help you out.

There's always a risk with this sort of disturbance that tank harmony will be broken.  But if you love all those fish it's worth a crack.

I've always found a spare a tank and set it up in the new house as soon as I can using some tank water where the fish are coming from and seeding a sponge filter or two helps as well.nows the time to do it.add some fresh water into the tank in the new house then in a day or two you'll be able to move the fish over empty the old tank and move it then restart the process

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0720 using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue and rented a powered storage space for 2 months. The type that has a garage roller door. The owner/manager didn't mind me keeping 6 tanks running, even provided one near a tap which made easy water changes. 

Archived