Shipping with Virgin/Toll

parkesg

HI,

I need to use Virgin freight out of Sydney and am wondering if they are still super particular about packing requirements. Particularly around having approved fish boxes with stamp top and bottom.

Anyone used these guys recently?

Thanks

I've only used the Brisbane depot of Virgin Freight and I had one box refused because the base was rated for 18KG and the lid for 12KG. Both pieces were air freight approved and the total weight less than 6 KG. So I would definitely make sure your boxes and packing standards are up to scratch (IATA standard). 

Have a chat with Andrew at Labyrinth.  He's using Virgin from Sydney regularly.  Virgin and Toll are now separate companies.  In my experience, the new Virgin cargo has been FAR easier to deal with than Toll was!

virgin call the day before and book in the shipment on the flight you want and pay for it

must have dimensions and weight

box must be stamped approved

usual liner bag that must be goosenecked

and absorbent material , if you don't have the satchel absorbent then sanitary napkins work  :thumb

I also use a newspaper and scrunch up news paper to fill any void between the bags if you have any

don't tape the box as they want to have a look and check

Virgin is stand alone now and Toll is aligned with Qantas same street as Toll but driveway before

Hi grant

Not as tough as toll, no need to have the stamped triangle top and bottom

They will inspect inside the box, as long as you have newspaper on bottom and bags double bagged you won't have a problem

Archived