Super Fish ??

300Magnum

Last night, as I am getting in the cab to come home from my Xmas party, I start getting frantic sms's from my wife that one of my peacocks (cape mclear) has jumped out of the display tank.  She refuses to touch it and basically just leaves it on the floor ?.  Fast forward 30 min later, I arrive home and quickly run to find the fish lifeless on the floor, but I could still see some slight gill movement.  I thought I have nothing to lose, so I threw him back in and watched him sink lifelessly to the ground.  Then, suddenly I started seeing some movement and before long, he was swimming around (although pretty groggy).

I went to bed fully expecting to find him dead in the morning.....However,  he is happily swimming around today as if nothing has happened.  How is that possible.....it was 30 min between me receiving the text and throwing him back in???

Well, unfortunately super fish is no more.  He managed to last until tonight, but was getting picked on all day by the other fish and died a little while ago.  Still pretty  impressive that he lasted for almost a whole day after being out of the water for 30 minutes.

Archived