Shellies

Bradc

So ive been talking with Andrew from labyrinth and these are the shellies ive gone for that he said will work together.

Neolamprologus Caudpunctatus 

neolamprologus mustax

julidochromis marlieri gombe or transcripts bemba depending what he has sexed wise.

So hopefully ill be happy branching out into shell dwellers. Only time will tell.

Yeah fair enough im just going off what andrew told me. Ive had no experience with these types of fish. He told me i might have difficulty but he highly doubts it..ive got a smaller tank setup incase it doesnt work out

Ok so i ended up going julidochromis to bembas and multis. Rock setup 1 in corner side of tank with shells on the other.

Got 4 transcripts 2 male 2 female.

And was ment to be 10 multis but andrew gave me closer to 20 and charged me for 10. Top bloke.

Tank is alot more calm and im enjoying it a little more at this stage then mbuna. Not as chaotic. I like that.

Many shellies and Tang step breeders are best kept in species only colonies......trouble is it takes time to build a spectacular colony and many just don't have the patience....particularly if they have only one display tank

I once saw a 2ft cube with a pile of rocks in the middle.....It contained Princess Cichlids....half a dozen pairs and fry of all sizes everywhere....it was spectacular

You could do the same with Julies....the more there are the less aggression

Yeah got both species in same tank. Its going to be like that for now unless i come across issues. Seen a few videos with the 2 species together and the tanks were awsome.

Ducksta i can just pull up a chair thankfully haha.

What do you guys feed them? I forgot to get a bag of food suitable for their small mouths and selection is limited up here but would like so input on what you guys feed?

Archived