Predator tank

Bradc

So ive been fighting with the idea to do a 6x2x2 tier with 1 being shellies mix of species and the other being tropheus or some form of species only tank. But ive also been wanting to do a Predator fish tank like a mangrove jack or similar. Im abit torn as i like the idea of the jack but not sure i wanna devote a large tank to 1 fish or not. I see alot of people go with oscars or flowerhorns etc as well but i want something that makes you go gee thats impressive. 

Also if i go a jack im going to have to go a huge tank as ive see  that big boy on youtube who makes a 9ft tank look small so im not real sure i wanna drop that kind of money once again on a tank and stand etc that can only house 1 fish.

So im torn and was hoping someone who has been at this crossroad may be able to help my decision.

Also ill probably still do my teir idea this is more the case of which 1 to do 1st and or if i should even try the predatory tank at all. Cheers

Not a large predator, I know but why don't you try a group of calvus/comps with some shellies? Best of both worlds and you can watch the skirmishes when the shellies spawn...

Archived