6x2x2 tang stocking

Brez

I recently picked up a 6x2x2 tank setup dirt cheap and got it up and running a couple of weeks ago . I'm running The Naultilus 2700 canister and Jaeger heater it came with . I've added fine gravel , a few rocks , caves and a bunch of shells . Will add a few more rocks over the weekend . The only fish in there atm are a breeding pair of N. helianthus and a couple of their juveniles . I'm going to only stock it with Tangs , would love to put some shellies in there but not sure if the multis would be ok . Here's a list of what I have so if there is anything I shouldn't put with the helianthus or together shout out ;

Gold Head (breeding pair)

Gold head M & F ( not bonded ) 

J. regani (pair ) or spare male

A.dewindti ( pair ) 

N. multifaciatus colony of 20 mixed sizes

Any other suggestions of what else I could put in feel free to comment . Don't really want fronnies in another of my tanks though , Maybe some L. auritus , cheers 

IMG_1684.JPG

I ended up putting in the non-bonded gold head pair . When I was cleaning the tank the other pair were guarding a good batch of heads and tails so I was reluctant to transfer them . I'm tempted to put the multis in and get some auritus next 

• 4 weeks later...

Tank is settling down well , added 6 of each gold occies and L. auritus from Maurice last weekend . Also picked up a breeding colony of C.leptosoma "black bee" last night ( with holding females ) :) The Helianthus are breeding regularly and the gold heads have now paired up and guarding their first batch of eggs . Although the female picked a shell right in the middle of the multi colony , I moved it out and she's still guarding so fingers crossed . Need to add some anubias on driftwood , a few bunches of val and either some l numbers or peppermints next and I'm done 

• 7 months later...

I gave it a bit of a freshen up last weekend , changed out all the fish except the C.leptasoma blackbees . In went 5 gold ocellatus , 5 juvenile black calvus , 5 juvenile firefin comps , a dozen 2.5-3.5cm Kigoma 7 bars and 6 juvenile J.transcriptus gombe . A bit of rescaping , a few bunches of Val and all done again til next time I get bored 

IMG_2514.JPG

Bit of an unplanned change , the gold occies and Julie's didn't get along so while removing the later I also took out the blackbees . Had some C.leptasoma utinta shipped in which have gone in now instead . The occies have split into 2 pairs and both have a couple of fry so the next job will be setup tanks of their own . It's all happening 

So now as it sits 20+ C.leptosoma Utinta , 2 pair gold occelatus , 5 black calvus , 5 firefin comps and 12 kigoma 7 bars . No more tinkering , just time to sit back and watch them grow 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2017 at 10:32 AM, AzFish said:

Are you not worried your letpo's will end up as fish food for the fronnies? they'll be fine when small but once those 7 bars get some size ... dinner is served?

Naturally The 7 bars will be moved long before they're big enough to eat the leptos or gold occies , I'm no noob ;)

Archived