Mixed Malawi pics

Spotted

Thanks for the comments...the second pick was sold to me as Nkoma benga.....it doesn't seem entirely true to most pics on the web of...very true clear orange rather than yellow ...happy to be corrected but regardless he's a pretty boy....certainly lets my maleri know about it !!!

the second fish appears to be a Chipoka has orange body and note the full blue head this what the Rubens were line bred from

Benga have yellow body and the head is blue to under the eye

Maleri has a goldy body and the blue is just over the eye on the head

I was hoping that the Aulonacara would be a bit better off with the stock that was imported before the change

but there are still shops with tanks of "mixed Africans" or "assorted Peacocks" being Aulonacara hybrids from

Asia juiced to colour at 4-5cm

It annoys me that some shops can't or won't correctly ID what they sell, especially to a new hobbiest that treats

what they buy as gospel and continues the mistake and undermines the species existence

Always ask for a species ID if they use trade names, support reputable shops or breeders that can tell you the fishes

history of supply in most cases and do some research before you go looking

This is true,,, the specialized shops are a must really.

Ive heard of before also, shops getting the mixed peacock hybrids and locational mixes and seperating them all out into what they appear to be.     Now that's scary stuff.

Also,,, I had a idea,,, why couldn't someone hook a relationship up with a supplier in Asia, to import from Germany to Asia and supply here,, that could be a actual niche in a Asian place somewhere,,, they don't mind doing bits and pieces orders to.

Archived