Flameback SP44 male being eaten - help please

Jaredc

Hi all. 

Im pretty sure i know my problem but just wanted to get a second or third opinion. 

I got home from work today to find my male Flameback (haplochromis SP44) severely beaten and the other tank mates appeared to be 'having a chew'. My theory is he has been bullied for a while and has become week so the others are eating him to get rid of him all stemming from an aggression issue in the community?? 

The facts i can tell you are its a 250l tank, weekly half tank water changes after water changes i add 'chiclid trace' along with some tap water conditioner, i checked ammonia, nitrite and nitrate all 0ppm (this afternoon) ph is at 8.5 a little higher then its usual 7.9 - 8 but i am due to change the water tomorrow, fish are fed morning and night with floating pellets and a frozen cube of 'cichlid' food once a week. The fish i have in the tank are - 5 flamebacks 4f/1m (the one thats injured), 4 yellow labs couldnt tell you the sex, 5 fuelleborni 4f/1m, 1 maingano and 1 peacock unsure of sex, 4 bristlenose, 1 small common pleco and 4 other small catfish (cant think of the breed right now, grrr). 

Is it just the aggression or do you think ive overcrowded the tank? The only strange thing i find is that when hes getting attacked he just sits there and cops it, doesnt try to run and hide. And its all the other fish that are attacking him not just one, even the female flamebacks???????

20160820_184527.jpg

Archived