Pairing Tretocephalus can it be done when they are adults

king_jh

Hi All

I've  had 2 males Trets in a 4ft setup for  a while so decided to chance my arm and get a female hoping  a pair will form and breed but  one of the male just wants to rough her up to the point now I have to cage her for her own safety as she was  all ripped up. The other males is fine keeps to himself in the other end just one males comes looking even when she in the cage. So is there something that can be done?

<p>to pair a fish of age can be tough best way put in a divider and after a a few days put him in with her for a bit but watch closely.any aggression get him out.change his territory around on his side or could seperate them till you see her vent tube drop then place him with her.easier to keep divider in to catch him quicker.

• 1 month later...

place in heaps and heaps of hidey holes the girl can fit in but not him, I have done this in the past with trets and attenuatus, divider is also an excellent idea

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've done it, I've isolated the female in a net hatchery for about a month, until the male  finally accepted her, at first he tried bashing her from outside the net after a while he gave up. After I release her hatchery the the male leaves her alone  and at times both swim together. Maybe its luck but she aint getting bashed like before

Archived