DIY gravel vac

Fins

Good work. 

I just have a long piece of clear hose clamped onto the end of a 2l bottle - for vacc'ing sand and a really thick hose that came with a blow up pool when i just need to get rid of big volumes of water quickly. Simple and works a treat. 

Hah ha,, it's a pressure pump that pumps at a psi rating,, whether water or air,,, they are used as deck wash motors on boats, they self prime water to...

the pump pumps water and or air from container ejecting out.

another hose (the syphon hose) enters the top air tight top of container,,,,, the pump creates intense suction to the container and at same time ejecting outwards,,, water is then drawn through the syphon tube from tank into the tub then ejected out.

Flick the switch and instant syphon anywhere any time,, ejects outside of room...

yes, in a breed room you need to move water fast. I have tried a larger diameter hose, but it drained the display tank too quickly before I could vacuum the  gravel properly, so I went back to a standard garden hose. Takes longer to clean, but I only have the one tank :D

• 2 weeks later...

So its pretty much a bilge pump buccal? Ive got a switched 240v pump that im going to use and they are 1/2"fitting which ill hose clamp garden hose onto each end and fix the out flow to my garden kill 2 birds with 1 stone i reckon

• 3 weeks later...

Archived