fish importers in sydney

frontoes

I think you have left it too late as the new import laws are in now and Germany isn't interested in exporting out here

Grant Parkes was importing into Sydney but has stopped now

Keysborough in Melbourne was but that has changed hands and the new owner won't but you could try them to see what they still have

Lloyd Ashton was importing Frontosa in Brisbane

other than that try the PCS and QLDAF forums plus FB groups

• 5 months later...

I saw on the PCS Forum that these guys were importing in Jan in Perth.

http://www.aquotix.com.au/contact-us

January 2017

We are going to do another import last week of January.

END OF PRE-ORDERS will be Jan 20th, 2017, if you want to be able to get the cheaper price, we need a minimum of 50% deposit paid up front.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eperthcichlid%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fforum%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F63707-January-2017-Cichlid-Import%2Fpage__view__findpost__p__358373&share_tid=63707&share_fid=79928&share_type=t&share_pid=358373

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No imports for Malawi tang cichlids into oz anymore due to new laws.

The term "imported" being used is incorrect,, the list you see there is just a few breeders around oz with the fish they have available summed up into one list to try and get buyers,,,,,,    As it's likely the shop can't risk buying them due to very poor sales and is a risk.

its just made to look like a import list,, so it's understandable for someone to think it's a import list.. :)

as Buccal said badly worded on the PCS post

even if shipping to WA is like importing with their bio security check of everything that comes in

the list is of local (Australian bred) species - damn nice list all the same

the hobby is going backwards ATM and no shop wants to stock fish they can't sell as it is just a waste

cash you could use for something else

I feel it will get tougher before it gets better so cherish what you have as it might end up lost to the hobby

or hybridised by those who want to feel like GOD and cash grab

Likely imports of any Malawi or tang will be from Asia, as they are more co-operative, because they make money on many other fish species (besides cichlids).

maybe the dollar difference also.

Its still legal, to import, it's just to expensive and/or bothersome  going by the new testing regulations laws,,,,, 

the purity in bloodlines and true diversity,,, Germany is where it's at, not Asia (for malawi/tang cichlids).

a few people oz wide stocked up before new laws, and as Chris said 'impressive list' ,,  well don't get confused with many new fish coming in near and short future,, and don't let anyone spin you skullduggery.

The fish are from cichlidenland not cichlidenstadl and you won't find a list on Keysborough sites.they are taking a wish list at the moment another shipment due soon apparently.you'll need to ring Alex or email him.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0720 using Tapatalk

i did have a price list from there first import didnt seem alot different to me but cant find it now.  beth h i believe can take alot of the credit for getting it organised again and i did read before xmas how there doing it but cant put my finger on it now.

CICHLIDENLAND - GERMANY Exporter’s Comments Price Size

TANGANYIKAN WILD CAUGHT

BENTHOCROMIS

Tricoti Very Nice, Rare $326.70 10-19 Cm.

CYARHOPHARYNX

Furcifer Sibwesa 1 Male | 2 Females $293.70 10-18 Cm.

CYPHOTILAPIA FRONTOSA

Blue Zaire 1 Male $1386.00 30 Cm.

Blue Mpimbwe Rare, Few $323.40 10-18 Cm.

Blue Zaire Moliro Very Rare, 3 pieces $429.00 10 Cm.

CYPRICHROMIS

Leptosoma Blue Flash Isanga Rare $128.70 7- 10 Cm.

Leptosoma Msalaba Nice $115.50 7- 9 Cm.

Leptosoma Utinta Red Tail Males Only $128.70 8-11 Cm.

Zonatus Chituta Very Nice, Few $128.70 8-12 Cm.

ERETMODUS CYANOSTICUS

Mabilibili Rare, Very Nice $ 90.00 6- 9 Cm.

NEOLAMPROLOGUS

Daffodil Kipili Rare, Nice $ 82.50 6- 8 Cm.

PARACYPRICHROMIS

Nigripinnis Blue Neon Females x 3 $128.70 6 -9 Cm.

TANGANICODUS

Irsacae Mkuyu Point Very Rare, Few, New $142.00 5-9 Cm.

TROPHEUS

Kapampa Few $132.00

Bemba Very nice, Wild/ F1 group $128.70 6- 11 Cm.

Ikola Nice $141.90 9- 13 Cm.

Karilani Rare, Nice, New $141.90 8- 12 Cm.

Mbita Island Rare $132.00 8-10 Cm.

Mpimbwe Red Cheek Katondo Very Nice, Few $128.70 8-13 Cm.

sp. Crescentic Mkuyu Very Rare, Nice, New $174.90 8- 12 Cm.

Polli Bulu Point $141.90 10-13 Cm.

Ulwile Rare, Very Nice, Few $141.90 9- 12 Cm.

TANGANYIKAN F1

CYPHOTILAPIA FRONTOSA

Blue Samazi Rare, Nice $ 62.70 3- 8 Cm.

Blue Zaire Moba Rare $141.90 3- 6 Cm.

Kavalla Rare, Nice $128.70 10-20 Cm.

CYPRICHROMIS

Leptosoma Blue Flash Very Nice $ 62.70 6 -8 Cm.

Leptosoma Chaitika Very Nice $ 75.90 6 -8 Cm.

Leptosoma Speckleback Moba Nice, Very Rare $ 75.90 5-7 Cm.

Leptosoma Utinta Very Nice $ 69.30 4 -7 Cm.

NEOLAMPROLOGUS

Daffodil Kambwimba --- $ 42.90 4- 7 Cm.

Leleupi “Yellow” Nice $ 42.90 5-8 Cm.

OPHTHALMOTILAPIA

Nasuta Kashenge Few, Rare $ 95.70 5- 8 Cm.

Nasuta Mabilibili OB 4 Pieces Only $ 95.70 5- 8 Cm.

Ventralis Chituta Few $ 65.00 5- 7 Cm.

TROPHEUS

Bemba Very Nice $ 56.10 4- 9 Cm.

Caramba Rare, Nice $ 70.00 5-9 Cm.

Ikola Few $ 59.00 3- 5 Cm.

Malagarasi Rare $ 62.70 5-8 Cm.

Murago Tanzania Very Rare, Few $122.10 3-6 Cm.

Murago Yellow Rare $ 56.00 4-6 Cm.

Red Moliro Very Nice, Few $ 52.80 3-6 Cm.

Ulwile Very Nice $ 59.00 4- 7 Cm.

TANK RAISED

NEOLAMPROLOGUS

Brichardi $ 39.60 4- 8 Cm.

MALAWI WILD CAUGHT

AULONOCARA

Lwandahai Reef Rare, Nice Colour $142.00 7-9 Cm.

Blue Neon Undu Few, Nice $128.70 7- 9 Cm.

Mamelela Few, Very Nice $138.60

Usisya Very Nice Colour $128.70 6- 9 Cm.

MALAWI F1

AULONOCARA

Baenschi Benga Nice Colour $ 62.70 6- 9 Cm.

Cobue Female 1 Only $ 72.60 5-8 Cm.

Maylandia Very Nice, Few $ 59.40 6- 8 Cm.

Ngara Mdoka $ 62.70 4-9 Cm.

Steveni Hongi Nice $ 56.10 4-7 Cm.

Stuartgranti Ngara Very Nice Colour $ 62.70 5-10 Cm.

MALAWI TANK RAISED

AULONOCARA

Eureka Females Only $ 63.00 6- 9 Cm.

Guentheri Nice, Rare $ 53.00 6- 9 Cm.

Hans Baenschi Red Flash Females Only $ 53.00 9- 12 Cm.

Korneliae Few, Nice $ 40.00 3-6 Cm.

Malerie Few, Nice $ 43.00 4-7 Cm.

Mbenji Females Only $ 43.00 7- 10 Cm.

MELANOCHROMIS

Auratus $ 26.00 4-7 Cm.

not really a new development beth h   has been working pretty hard all year to get it back on again. but i guess she couldnt do it with out alex at keysborough either.

Just speaking from knowledge.

Strange list, not negatively,, I've seen many of cichlidstadel lists, and that's not "the actual German list" for ordering or transaction.

And that there is very expensive fish costs.

I guess a importer could round up shops and everyone oz wide for super buys "working together" to simply share out inspection testing costs which in turn makes the blow off higher costs lower,,,,,,   Whilst this is possible, I do question the interest with the follow through that's needed to conjor bigger buys.

Then there's sustainability,,, good interest in first one or two shipments isn't good enough to keep the large orders going if people don't keep buying.

In the long run, I think appreciation for the fish and higher prices will set new levels and requirements in the actual ornamental market,,, this will see worthwhile effects for breeders wanting to keep up their duties,,,, but the diversity of species will still decrease and the ornamental market will still travel at the more modest low key level.

I myself am in a wacky limbo, I have healthy colonies of 120 species of malawis and not taken fry for nearly 1.5 years now...  electricity costs and time feeding/maintenance is all still full noise,,, I'm a high producer and there's only any worth in doing large numbers,,, if I didn't have a large mortgage and had more time on my hands with less daytime work,, then I'd simply do low numbers to suit who or what ever,,, but because of time issues, I can't allow things to draw on my life.

If breeding fish was a touch more profitable, then I'd put it in front and let it contribute to my income,,, just like it use to..  the good old days.  Hah ha. :)

theres a wish list buccal you can send it threw to alex for a febuary shipment.  price up inflation? only german importer what ever but seems fair enough to me. id buy some if my fish room wasnt a disaster area and im dreaming about instead of getting it to where i want it.

Well yes, I support the higher prices, especially giving that interest in the hobby has reduced and staying there.

those fish on the above lists are fairly large for the most part, possibly large higher priced ones is a option to increase money amount for the order.

For some of those hardcore spenders/breeders that has ordered big Germany orders many many times, they should know what I mean, the diversity and replenishment has fallen,,,,, this is why shops making it happen (imports), must be supported,,, there's ways,, but the size of the market we are catering for sees those prices to high, but not me.

its a double edge sword,, only new up and coming fishos can grow to respect and except these possible future higher prices,, takes time.

Does anyone know shipping laws to Asia from germany? Wonder if you could ship from germany to asia and then onto australia..obviously shipping would be huge but surely this could be a way of sustaining and or bringing new species into australia of decent quality. Ive never owned anything WC or imported but would be interesting to see if you could find someone that coulf act as a middle man before finishing the shipment to oz. Just a thought im probably way off or its been tryed before.

Then you've got 2 sets of importers. 2 sets of "quarantine". Etc. 

We can already get all the species from Asia we can get from Germany. The difference is the trust in quality and labeling. But no way you add more fingers in the pie without increasing costs. 

Like Duck said it's not just trans shipping through Asia they have to actually

stay there long enough to cover the quarantine and vet certificate requirements

double the process but maybe less than double the transit charges as Asian overheads

would be less than the German and also there would be a margin added to the shipment

for handling and with out figures you are just guessing at the landed and list prices

most if the list are marginally dearer but this is the one on the list that had me going WTF

Tank raised MELANOCHROMIS Auratus $ 26.00 4-7 Cm

It's not like nobody knew this was coming with the new quarantine regs

Youd breed 3 or 4 batches to reclaim that money maybe more but I guess its how much do you like that fish, are you keeping it long term.yeah the prices are higher but its a question of your insanity lol.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0720 using Tapatalk

Archived