Tank build

Bradc

Ive just got a quote back for my tank ive wanted to build.. its 1200 long 600 wide and 1000 high and they wanted $2600 to build does that sound over the top or is it just me ? I realize its thick glass but still sounds like alot .. thoughts please ?

sounds about right i had a 8by2by2 quote for glass only not inc strengthening glass or lid holding glass at over 1k   still needed to build it on top of that.  going over 2foot high ups the glass thickness dramatically.   im thinking materials alone would be pushing towards 2k for the size you want.

yeah ive got a chart on how thick i need it to be from this forum. just thought it was up there in price all good ive got another avenue to take now. going to try and make a breeding rack look like a set if display tanks lol. got a bloke up the road from me who had to get out of the hobby for personal reasons and hes gonna help me out with it all. plus still got quotes coming in so ill see. cheers for your input

• 4 weeks later...

Tall tanks look pretty, but a lot of cichlids stick to the aquascape, so you can often end up with a lot of empty water.

A few years back, people were going for tanks that were 900 (3ft) front-to-back to give the fish more room to establish territories.

4x3(h)x2 and 4x2x3(w) are the same volume, but the latter can support 50% more fish due to larger footprint/surface area.

cheers paul ive gone another path since the post doing stacked 4ftx2ftx2ft tanks on a stand im building myself. abit cheaper and can have 2 different tank setups .. 2 birds with 1 stone!

Archived