water conditioner options.

krellious

I have traditionally been a Prime (pond) user, and never had any issues with it. Works great to detoxify Ammonia in the case of an unwanted emergency too.

I actually just bought a 5L bottle of the Supa-chlor, so will give my thoughts after I have used it for a little while. By all accounts it seems like a reasonable product. The price point is excellent too.

13 hours ago, yellows said:

I use Supa-chlor from The Tech Den. Has anyone seen the video on You Tube Prime verses Fraction very interesting would also be interesting how others stack up against it

Just had a look at that now. I was using safe and changed out to fraction 12 months ago. Mmm think I'm going to reassess this now. ?

Think about things logically.

1.  Fraction is a very similar product to Prime / Safe.  They are all high end water conditioners with a very similar chemical composition.  It is unfathomable to believe that any of these products, available worldwide, wouldn’t satisfactorily undertake the basic function of a water conditioner – that of removing chlorine from tap water.   

2.  Fraction is used widely by hobbyists both here in Australia and overseas.  If it wasn’t adequately removing chlorine from the water supply, wouldn’t we expect to be hearing many bad reports on the product?  I don’t believe that to be the case.  People who have switched from Prime to Fraction seem to be more than happy with the move, based on both performance and cost. 

3.  This video was put up on YouTube several months ago, but has well under 200 views.  Would you not think that something like this would be on Facebook groups / forums around the world by now, with vast numbers of other affected hobbyists jumping on the bandwagon with similar stories, if it had credence?

I personally use Seachem Safe, so there has been no incentive for me to move to the Continuum product.  I understand that Continuum will shortly be introducing a powdered version of Fraction to their product line.  If it has a similar pricing advantage to the Fraction/Prime scenario, I will certainly be looking to make the move.  If Continuum buffers were available in bulk quantities so as to be cost competitive with bulk buys of Seachem buffers, I would also be seriously looking at the Continuum products as well.  They have the pedigree.   

And no - I have no vested interest in the Continuum products. 

On 25 May 2016 at 6:51 PM, Alex said:

I have traditionally been a Prime (pond) user, and never had any issues with it. Works great to detoxify Ammonia in the case of an unwanted emergency too.

I actually just bought a 5L bottle of the Supa-chlor, so will give my thoughts after I have used it for a little while. By all accounts it seems like a reasonable product. The price point is excellent too.

I've been a prime user for years! It's great to use if you haven't got anywhere to age water but even in my 100l water aging tub I still treat the water with it. 

And as Alex said it's great to use in emergencies when you have a massive ammonia spike overnight until you can clean the tank!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived