Introduction to my new setup

HarryB

Hi everyone, here's my new 6 x 2 x 2 setup. Im running;

• Biopro 2200 l/hour external canister filter a
  • 250w eheim jager heater
  • Sunsun 6000 l/hour powerhead
  • Led strip lighting run by a TC420 controller which is programmed to approximately a sine wave for sunrise and sunset. The controller works great but I think the 'cool blue' leds are too blue so I'll probably add a warm white strip too balance it out a bit.

Current inhabitants are;

• 10 x labidochromis caeruleus
  • 4 x Yellow tail Acei Msuli point
  • 2 x Acei Tanzania (I think, I'll try and get a photo and upload)
  • 5 x Synodontis Petricola

edit02.jpg

edit01.jpg

Great set up! Love those Big rocks Where did you get them?

Thanks guys.

boonahsider, I got the rocks for free on gumtree. They were used for garden landscaping so it took a lot of scrubbing and boiling water before they could go in the tank. It was worth it though.

A bit of a tank update. I've been working on making a simple aquarium monitor using a raspberry pi 3. I've currently got it setup to record tank temperature and aquarium room temperature and send that online to thingspeak which logs the data to a graph. All seems to be working now so I can view my aquarium temperature and see how the temperature trends for example what happens on a cold winter night. Im planning to add pH and water level. You can view the graphs here; https://thingspeak.com/channels/110137

aquapi.jpg

Cool, one wire sensors, the issue with PH and other is the isolation that is needed. Would be very nice if there where PH one wire sensors at a good price.

mmm just did a search, there actually might be cost effective units. Will have to spent some time searching and reading.

Not very often. I did have issues until I included the power ISO unit as I was getting stray voltage from the pumps in my sump.
But this was only causing issues getting an accurate reading.

The calibration commands and the solutions make it easy work. I have mine setup with a menu and everything so I just have to select the range to calibrate against and 2 minutes later it's done. I calibrate once every 6 months and test calibration with the other solutions eg calibrate with 7.00ph and then put the probe in the 4.0 and 10.0.

Archived