How big do sunshine benga peacocks get

Tommy

And I have always found their growth rates to be slow to moderate.

To get to 12-15cm, it would take 1.5 years for a absolute pro aquarist,,,, while it can take up to 3 years to reach those sizes for rest of aquarists with maybe 2-2.5 years being more common as a average.

These fish are also known to max out at a much smaller finish size, in fact 7-9cm, but this is usually due to environmental issue factors,,,,, for example, if you keep temp a few degrees cooler to slow metabolisms and feed them a all vegetable only diet, stock as many as you can within reason of fish in tank,,,,,,.   All these are factors contribute to slowed and reduced finish size,,,, which are fairly safe to perform without effecting health of fish,,,,, another one is simulating shorter days as permanent.

Ive given all variables of growth performance, not just in time, but also finish size.

Dont be a stickler for the book, try some things out, much said things can be prooved correct or wrong at any given time,,, fish keeping is very multifaceted.     That's why these forums are great, this way, we can get a better idea of what we can rule in or out.   :)

Thank you very much for the replie   Buccal my bengas are only about an inch long at the mo I feed them a mixed diet ov NLS and a few algae wafers and flake food so to make them grow faster keep the temp higher I keep the temperature at 26 at the moment 

Yep that diet is fine,, 27'c is magic number for peak metabolism which equals growth,, it's also the perfect temp for beneficial bacteria in filters to work at optimum as a generalization.

Always clean filters on time with no waste or crap sitting on substrate of the tank,, weekly or fortnightly water changes of 30-40% and doing all this will reduce nitrate exposure and in turn allow normal fast growth as they should.

Archived