Non return valve?

Hi, I run Aquaclear filters and the only trouble I have is when the power goes out they siphon back and need to be primed. Is there a one way valve I could put in the pickup tube? 

I can not find anything but HOB filters from Aquaclear, but I can not understand is why a HOP would need priming. I've never had that issue on any HOB I ever used. I must admit I stopped using HOBs about 10 years ago.

Its going to be hard to find a valve which will fit on the pickup tube.

It should only siphon until the water levels are the same in the tank and filter. How is the filter mounted?

Cool, so firstly I would bring your water up to with in 20mm of the top and see if that fixes the issue. At least after a power outage things shuld start working

The pump should be able to draw the water up, it actully seems to me that there fauilty.

The water in this tank is down a little from where it normally sits. I've used Aquaclear filters for 30 years and the only thing I dont like is no return valve. I had a filter similar to these 40 years ago and it had a simple non return valve in the intake and didnt have this issue.

Non of the HOB I ever seen have a non return valve, the pump was always able to suck the water up as long as the tube end is covered and there was no air leak.

you need more water in your tank. Fill the tank s the water level is higher than the end of the pipe inside the filter and your issue will be solved

The water in the other tanks are a lot higher, the fish in this tank loves to splash. It was 20 to 30mm higher a few days ago. The filter I had with the valve I think it was black and more than 40 years ago. I got it from O'Malleys, used to nearly live there when I was growing up.

Archived