Wanted to show off my new boy ?

SophSixx

9 hours ago, Chuckmeister said:

Awesome...well done.

I knew you were looking at a colony...wasn't expecting them to be so big... definitely a nice looking boy :)

Thanks Chuck. He actually had a colony of Blue Zaire that I was originally going in for, smaller than this, but just fell in love with this boy so bought the lot. Brought him and 2 of his females home last week and going in for the other 2 females on the weekend. Wasn't sure if putting all of them in at once would be too much for a newly cycled tank. He also had this little man which I just had to have, ordered another 5 so hopefully he can get them in ASAP.

image.jpg

34 minutes ago, Link2Hell said:

WOW I can see why the Ikola took your fancy he's a beast  :thumbup:

Nice Calvus too

He certainly is, and not shy at all. The 2 females in there so far are beautiful too although I've noticed 1 of them is getting a little feisty to the other. Hoping this calms down when I put the other 2 in there on the weekend. Always thought the males were the aggressors but 1 of the females is a cow atm. The Calvus is absolutely awesome, he was a little shy when he first went in but as soon as I go sit in front of the tank he comes straight up and hangs out. Hopefully the LFS can source out a few more his size. 

This fellas another 1 not too shy to come say hello.

image.jpg

14 minutes ago, brucem said:

He's a beauty

My big WC moba eats anything less than about 10cm - learnt the hard way!  Be carefully putting fish with him

Thanks for the advice. So far I haven't had any issues but haven't stocked the tank with anything small apart from the Calvus although he's a decent size too. Wanting to stock with more Ikola in the near future and hopefully all around the same size.

Not too sure if any other species would look good in the tank. 

Archived