Hy-Clor 15kg Zeo-Clor Sand Replacement Filters | Bunnings Warehouse

daimen84

18 minutes ago, Mscott19833 said:

Sorry but does your pool filter sand have a brand. I'm having the same problem, exactly what to buy and where from.

Pop into Poolside Shepparton in Benalla Road to see if they stock pool sand. 

Thankyou very much, I'm new to the world of  African cichlids and just want to build the best tank I can, its abit like the more I read about these guys the more I can't wait to get it up and running. And the more I read the more I get confused because of so many conflicting opinions. Thankyou for taking time to answer my questions.  Cheers.

On 1 February 2016 at 9:43 AM, daimen84 said:

Zeolite have increased filtering capacity due to their shape provides increased surface area compared to normal sand grains

I woul exercise caution on using this product. The chemical composition varies from product to product and there is a lack of information for Hy-chlor on this particular product. You could contact them and request a copy of the MSDS but in the end the use of normal sand is the safer option. 

12 minutes ago, Mscott19833 said:

Thankyou very much, I'm new to the world of  African cichlids and just want to build the best tank I can, its abit like the more I read about these guys the more I can't wait to get it up and running. And the more I read the more I get confused because of so many conflicting opinions. Thankyou for taking time to answer my questions.  Cheers.

Hope you enjoy ACE. :thumbup:

11 hours ago, Mscott19833 said:

What should I look out for as in stuff that should not be in it.

Like is there a brand I should be looking for?

Just phone some local pool shops and ask if they have pool filter sand, make sure it is not zeolite or filter glass but as Ged said dry silica sand.  The brand I got in Canberra was Blue Circle specialized sand.

9 hours ago, Skippy said:

Just phone some local pool shops and ask if they have pool filter sand, make sure it is not zeolite or filter glass but as Ged said dry silica sand.  The brand I got in Canberra was Blue Circle specialized sand.

Thankyou I appreciate it. 

Archived