wondering how many c.furcifer magara can i put in a 1000l

mic75

Great Vid Mic, they look like nice fish.

Stocking, I'd put 2 males and as many females as you feel comfortable putting in. Maybe keep a smaller sub dominant male as a spare. I always found they did alot of chasing but their aggression was fairly low though each colony can be different. If you have 12 in there already then thats a decent size colony imo. If you have a little space left over in your tank then it might be a nice little zone that they can retreat to. I like to under stock or comfortably stock my tanks though I have been through that crazy stage of trying to Jam everything I can in as well lol

foai and furcifer are easy to identify .some times the location of foai can be tricky .yours are foai for sure have a feeling of what they are.whats your adress mick would llike to come and help you out to id them .instead of looking at a video ?. meaning looking at a video you can never be to sure .

110% not a magara! I don't think it's kabogo either, wrong patterning across the back.

Amazing looking foai though :)

Would be interested to find out what variant they are. I'd take up @tangs4me offer at a heartbeat.

Hard to give an answer to a 1000L tank mic. With any featherfin I find it's more about the floor size than tank size. What's the length and width of the tank?

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Mic,

I really don't think there is a set number that could answer that question 100% as it depends a lot on the M:F ratio and personal preference with stocking numbers.

However, I usually work off a displaying male per 2 feet of tank as a rule of thumb. Personal experience having kept foai in 4/5/6ft tanks before I find that in a four foot I ended up with 2 nests either end. A 5 foot I'd get 2/3 depending on layout of then tank and a 6ft I'd always end up with three. Excess males that don't get become dominant tend to just cruise around with the females trying their best to stay out of the way of the dominant ones until they make a play for the territory.

The smallest tank I've kept foai in was a 4x2 and I had 10 in that tank. Not ideal but only tank I had spare.

I'd be comfortable in keeping up to 16 in your size tank.

Hope this helps a little.

Once again love the video and your foai. Best of luck with them.

Cheers,
Jason

Buccal,i know it's not Grants fault it's definitely a German mistake. Anyway i was reading featherfin in their natural habitat last night and i come across a pictures of some foai nkondwe island Tanzania, what does everyone think it is very close your thoughts please.

Mic

• 2 weeks later...

More so for the fact i was a little dubious iof fish in the last order. Also i only want to order females as i am already male heavy/have no females. And as you know with Cyps and furcifer you cant tell the females apart. Any doubt is still doubt unfortunately. Prob wont stop me ordering but still a fear

Archived