Some of my cats...

Southwestroyalty

Yeah its a borneo, i forget the little guy is lurking around to be honest. Hasnt had much interest n the couple plants i have at the moment just constantly on the move around all four corners.

I think that there is also 2 berneys cats in with the salmon tails but not too sure.. Two bigger ones are the two i thin are berneyis . Got a few more bits and pieces ill tr grab some photos of. Also anther 2 salmon tails in a seperate tank

Wow! That's quite a collection of cats!

Not sure what tank size you have, but if you have room and are looking for more I'd suggest a group of Synodontis petricola or multipunctatus.

They work best in groups of six or more in my opinion.

Cheers

Joel

Just a 4x2x2 at the moment,I was actually looking for a couple pictus cats not too long ago but everything fell through other then ridiculous pricings. Also was trying to get an L333 never got a reply on a time and place if that person is on here?!?

Anyone with cats they would like to get rid of hit me a message, any other cat suggestions ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
55 minutes ago, Alex said:

As a long time predatory catfish keeper, whenever one of my catfish would look like that it would be time for a head count. 

Nice clean looking salmon tail. 

As a rank amateur predatory catfish keeper I second that.
I only keep the ones with little mouths now :lol3::lol3::lol3:

Catfish with little mouths certainly limits the chances of swallowing tank mates.

One of the worst cases of this I have ever experienced with a 3' RTC ate my 2' Jardini, the stomach was impressive even for a RTC. I kept a close eye on the catfish as they can be prone to regurgitating meals that are too large or fish with irritating spines. Sure enough it regurgitated the Jardini about 36 hours later, the only problem was it was during the night. So I awoke to a tank that looked like soup with a floating half digested 2 foot Saratoga. Good times. 

I also had a Wallago leeri - this catfish was something else. It wouldn't just swallow fish that it could, if it couldn't swallow the fish it would bite them clean in half, actually looked like someone had cut them with a sharp knife. Which is fairly impressive, because they look more like they have raspy little re-curved teeth that look more suited to holding prey rather than cutting them in half. Was an expensive lesson to learn after it bit 3 show piece Synodontis decorus in half over a 2 day period and fish don't tend to survive without their back half! If there are any Perth members this fish is now and display (and has been for years) at Midland Pet and Aquarium.  Currently about 3' long. The only fish I ever kept that I couldn't convert to prepared foods, I would hate to thing how many $ worth of food it has consumed in the last 10 years. 

Archived