Jalo reef

sam.apo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes i always shake the bottles i saw the thread about shaking the bottles.. i have had spikes in nitrate n a fish died..i wasnt using anything in the tank then.. untreated tap water jus small water changes every week.. now that ive learned a bit more.. i honestly don't know how my fish have survived this long.. for about 5 months.. i added nothing .. jus water conditioning n bacteria at the start.. that would have soon been washed out with water changes.

b0d6c0f8369102e5ac5a77892b3dbec1.jpg

So this is what i picked up today... instructions are 1 teaspoon /100L ...it says caution will raise ph... my current ph is about 8 -8.2 ..i was going to add maybe 2x teaspoons tonight and check water in the morning. .

• 2 weeks later...

This guy started to act funny when i started adding salt n carbonate. .. probably jus shock..all the rest are going ok for now... previous to adding stuff to the tank i was loosing 1 a week.. its been a few 2weeks since loosing a fish... so getting better

When you got fish like that mate, just whip them out and Kill them.

Some fish can be doomed before you buy them.

Some fish can be doomed from problems you may have had in the past and just taking longer to die.

So cull all the sick stuff and look after and monitor the healthy ones.

The water seems better ..im aging new water as it goes in .. something i never did.. im adding salt for gh ..and carbonate for kh.. my ph is higher. All things i never did when my fish were dropping off 1 by 1... i test every roughly 3 days .. the 2 fish ive lost in this past week ..livingstoni..started acting funny as i started fixing the water he held on for a few weeks.. the lemon jake had the sunken stomach before i started fixing my water problems.. id say my water problems are 95% better than what they were...surprisingly the fish lasted close to 6 months in pretty much straight tap water..

Either gram negative bacterial issue or internal Protozoa flagellates.

Both hard to treat once gone past point of no return.

Just accept these things, as long as its occasional,,,

Can i treat the whole tank for these ?or do i have to seperate individuals when i see it?

Either way is fine,,,, but I don't think you have these issues running rife.

As you said, rest of fish are fine, so as Sorroz said, don't add any more fish and just let it all settle over the next 3-4 weeks.

Unless more fish keep dying or looking sick, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Getting yourself in a panick mode and giving all the treatments under the sun is just going to stress your fish more.

Archived