Ecotech Vectra m1 return pump

Nav

I really can not see what your all complaining about, the importer indicated in his post MESA that the first shipment was limited. If any thing you should be upset with your LFS because they should not have said they could get it with out checking first.

I was in store when the flyer was received, by this time they were already out of stock - not sure why you would promote something when you don't have any stock? Additional to that, should probably let stores know that when they order something there could be a 3 week wait, not let them order it, not send it when it was meant to then wait until the store calls to let them know they are out of stock. The 3 week original wait will most likely turn into a 5week wait. I'm well aware of who I am wee wEEed off with. :wallbash:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plecosam: that's interesting that they had a power supply fall that quickly. A bit worrying but I'm hoping it is a rare case.

Yeah I know, only thing I don't like about the design and the reason I would not jump in, let's hope they prove me wrong.

All electronics can fail early, if they last a day they will go a week. If they last a week they will generally go 3 month. After this you will normally get a large number of years.

There using OEM Meanwell power supplies as I understand it. Meanwell are a good manufacture. I use them in industrial machines.

I like the idea of these pumps for there noise level, in my living room the current DC pump is good but with all the things I've done to reduce noise the pump is now the loudest noise again.

Mjconor, a switch mode power supply is a very common failure item, DC power supplies are very big in the control system industry and communication industries. In my experience and when I designed systems, I would always use a voting unit and two redundant power supplies as io cards, processors etc rarely fail, it is always the switch mode power supply. I would like to see the capability to run two power supplies in a redundant configuration, only if the pump is mission critical though.

Don't get me wrong, I like the pumps but they are not supplying their own power supplies, this makes the power supply out of there own control. I have not seen a meanwell power supply on any mine site I have been to, they may be fine, it is just something I do not like. I would not jump in until I know how much heat the power supply is generating and the failure rates of such power supplies, unfortunately there is already one documented failure.

Another problem at the moment is the fact the dollar has put Royal Exclusiv into the somewhat expensive range, the controller on the Royal is of a better design but I am unsure if the design warrants twice the price of these units.

Hey Alex,

I got your by AoA I should get my pump next week. Crossing my fingers and hoping it actually comes. They've been saying next week every week since I ordered almost.

When you say return, can I put a small one of these in a a bucket of treated water and pump it into my tank? Are there any 1200lph ones, because I want to pump my 20 litre bucket into the tank, within a minute, to make changed super fast!

And yes I know that power will blast in, but if I put a T junction on the end of the hose it might just work fine!

Sure I would not spend that unless I had a good reason. My reason is going to be noise level in my living room. :)

That's the main reason for mine. Wanted a quiet pump as my tank is an in wall tank in between my living room and home theatre. Also love the idea of adjustable pump speed.

Yeah mate, it has been drawn out long enough now. Held everything up because I don't want to finish off my plumbing until the pump and sump are in place.

Now to decide what I want to do with the tank. Tang Display OR Rays... Couldn't be more opposite.

My pump has arrived and is waiting for me to collect on Saturday morning with my sump!!!!!!!!!! :spaz::spaz: :spaz: :spaz::spaz:

Will do a review once it has been up and running for a few weeks.

Time to pick this sump up and let the fun begin

Archived