Ecotech Vectra m1 return pump

Nav

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be very carefully I got my noise down to the point I could only hear my DC waveline pump and started losing fish. Not enough O2. Remove most of my noise reduction stuff and 20 mins later the fish were moving around happily again. Still lose 2 medium sized fish.

• 3 weeks later...

So last week I was at my LFS and they had a M1 on the shelf. I got it for the same price as online but with out the shipping cost.

Was easy to install and very easy to setup and o so quite.

The only thing I miss is the timed total shutdown.

My power supply does run above ambient but it's not hot.

So last week I was at my LFS and they had a M1 on the shelf. I got it for the same price as online but with out the shipping cost.

Was easy to install and very easy to setup and o so quite.

The only thing I miss is the timed total shutdown.

My power supply does run above ambient but it's not hot.

Ah, thanks MJ I assumed that it would be so, a little bit of warmth is no problem, excessive heat though would be a problem. To be fair the Royals controller runs above ambient but is by no means hot. Just checked with an infra red temp gun, the wall of the aquarium cabinet is 31.8 degrees and the controller is around 37, so fivish degrees. Haha, the old finger test thought the level much lower, but aceptable for sure.

I have my power source sitting on my tiles (haven't mounted it to my stand yet), I will get my temp gun out and test the tiles and the power source over the next couple of days and see how it goes.

So far this has been a perfect pump for me. Easy to control flow rate and dead quiet, reliability is yet to me determined, but so far so good 2 months of continuous use trouble free. The only thing I would have liked it an optional intake guard when being used as a submerged pump.

Not at all Buccal, not if it is constructed properly with descent sized orifices, they do add to maintenance though if a sponge is also part of the intake. I like to clean mine weekly with tap water so it reduces the chance of it becoming anything but a mechanical filter. I do have filter socks on my tank though. Will also add that my tank is Malawi and not tankbuster, I am past the big fishy thing, seems to be a young man thing. :-)

Yeah the young man thing is more the ego type keepers, some get out off it, and handle full of people stay tb for good, some go and come back.

Everything is 5x the effort to set up.

But the reward maintenance wise is excellent water stability (of course with adequate filtration to suit bio-load).

But there's still older passionate people that love the big fish scene.

Especially rays,,, they aren't really like keeping fish,,, more like water dogs with grace and dazzle.

I'm 40 and I'm thinking well into the future with a 10,000 - 15,000 liter display filled with high definition hybrid rays and 100 male phenochilus (Tanzania).

Will be steel frame with pool fencing glass (toughened) 15mm thick panel inserts.

The butt joining of glass sheets along the length of tank will be straight siliconed joints as well as side and base corner butt joints.

So the steel cage cradle construction serving as 95% structural integrity will not be at all subjected to any water.

But cage/cradle/stand will be hot dip galvanized for assurance of jevity (corrosion wise).

Highly polished marble sheets similar to kitchen tops will veneer the bottom for sleek slimline,,,,, no substrate,,,,,

3x central stack like Perspex cylinders 400mm diameter filled with K1 churning.

Tops of cylinders will be meshed so K media doesn't topple out.

1x large pond air pump with diffusors at bottom of cylinders with a strong uplift draw.

The water will flow out the top mesh guards and fall into a mechanic collection screen.

The collection screen will be suspended 20mm above the tanks water level.

This way, the waiste isn't in submerged contact with water creating excess nitrates.

So the k media can just get to the point of rapid nitrogen cycle processing.

The sheet rolled mechanical screen will be on a handle turned roll,,, eazy to work out the rest, just roll the screen on 300mm at a time each day.

A $90 screen sheet filter fabric should last 3-4 months.

Lighting (power-glo), around outside peremeter covering 50% of area, leaving center where stacks are tinted down a bit to serve a dark back ground to pop the front lite up areas to enhance presentation,,,, sitting over polished marble to. Grey, orange, browns and black marble natural cut (tiger eye).

Black Perspex hood concealing mech filter apparatus and lighting.

4x low wattage exhaust fans fitted into lids to blow at water,,, as these are used for consecutive hot days and stop temp from shifting

upwards.

For heating, a Elecro 2kw inline.

I'm hoping heat radiation help sets a ambient temperature inside house in winter as I don't have heating or cooling. (that's the luxury

for the fish only lol).

Placed in center of front free form living over kempas flooring with redar cedar, blackbutt, American walnut and Tuart.

Sounds like a strange mix of timber, but it all pieces in and displays well.

The base of tank will be at average coffee table height,,, with blackbutt with a coffee table like bench surrounding about 400mm out.

Then couches on two sides of tank.

I couldn't think of anything else so big with so little maintenance,,,,, 'a bit like my breed room really'.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived