Algae types and contol

Chuckmeister

Great find Chuck.

I had a tank that I battled BBA for a couple of years. I purchased an Anubia on driftwood and it had BBA. Ended up stripping the tank down to get rid of it. I bit more patience on my behalf using the recommended treatment may have saved me the hassle.

I have to agree that green water is one of those underrated live food sources that is easy to have on hand to feed fry. I used a small tank so the sole purpose of supply a green water culture.

Pretty instantaneous results. At least your video shows the concentration that is being used. It also appeared that the hydrogen peroxide was reacting significantly with the limestone.

I read some research that showed 15% solution was shown to be sufficent to control most algae when cleaning limestone caves. The addition of limestone chips 10 hours prior to treatment allowed the peroxide to react to the calcite prior to application on the algae. I suspect the affect would be the same when used in an aquarium.

You will not have wary about limestone in your setup Chuck by your descriptions.

Archived