makemyled review

Chuckmeister

I did a not so quick review (25 min roughly) of a led light system I recently got for my 5 foot lights.

Its 25 minutes long so a little drawn out but if you are looking at these lights might be worth a look.

Covers the contents including the day/night controller and a bit of a look on my 8 foot tank (because that's all I have up running atm)

Basically 4 led's, 3 10k and one 12k spectrum. 2 lights will go on my planted tanks and 2 on my tang tank underneath. All 4 lights run on a day night controller atm but I'll get some actinic eventually to add a moon phase. Each light runs at 48 watts or 9 watts per 30cm depending on the length of light you get.

Anyway its may be of some interest to some...

Yeah I've been meaning to make a hood. Was originally going to make it out of timber floorboards that snap together but I might get some of that twinwall laserlight and make one with a dark tint. Might make a nice effect with a slight glow coming from inside, will be light (weight) and well insulated.

Great video. I like the concept that you have a fully programmable lighting system that allows you to control the illumination of your tank. Gone are the days when you had to select a tube or tubes to get a desired effect and be stuck with either on or off.

The moon light will add another dimension.

The laserlight has real possibilities.

• 5 months later...

Archived