Chuckmeisters random pics

Chuckmeister

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, hah, I got that wrong, for some reason I thought you'd had mentioned kids some time ago on here.

I'm the same,, had to go out and grab a big boat to do do up and fit out, then got a pen at the mariner I live minutes from.

It's funny how dudes chase life ideals half way through life.

Though I'd have to say, I've so far lived a life of nearly no regrets and hardly change a thing.

I'm 40 and so are most of my mates which I went to school with,,, most of those crazy buggers have just had or having kids and I couldn't think of anything worse than having kids at this age.

If their kids are anything like I was,, then my mates would be 66 till their kids moved out,,,, my god, lol.

And it's only getting harder for youth.

The ps4 was 500, the wheel, pedals and shifter was 500 and the seat console was 900 though they have a cheaper one for around 500 or if you dont need the seat they have a stand or just the front section for the wheel and pedals for around 200.

The motion kit is 3500.

Lol, hah, I got that wrong, for some reason I thought you'd had mentioned kids some time ago on here.

lol was probably talking about my dogs :p

edit...dont talk to me about boats...I've built and repaired them for the past 30 odd years

Hah, that's funny, I actually thought you'd think that,,, as I do remember clearly you mentioning involvement in boats.

Quite a life like simulation there, as far as physical co-ordination goes,,, looks a treat.

Errrm... I'm pretty sure people race cars worth less than that...

Don't you know Duck ?,,,, simulation these days is better than the real thing. Ha hah. But racing stock cars you'd be over half way there at those costs,,,,,, demo derby easy there.

Might upload my manual driving skillz later and then you'll know why I am making a sim :p They should make a driving game called 'wallbounce, braked too late and missed gears' lol

@Duck, most of my hobbys revolve around the good stuff (JD) its alot safer at home :p

Edit - The realism is quite awesome really. Its hard to see but cars bump you from the back, you get into some pretty epic slides and wheel spin including power fish tailing, if you push your gearbox from 6th to second you feel the car go into a compression lockup etc You can turn the steering wheel motor sensitivity down but I dont see the point.

yeah the system is built upon a set of actuators (hydrolic pistons)( edit - that the seat sits on) that for example if you are breaking will push the system (seat) forwards or if your turning will simulate the physics (as best as it can), hit a bump and the front right side will shake etc. The current movement range is 10cm up and down..not sure on the forward and back range but they have an improved version coming out in dec so I'm keeping an eye out on that.

You can play a number of modes in most games ranging from racing in a season, solo quick racing or online comps though I haven't checked out any online stuff yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after my last vid about my brichardi dominating my tropheus tank and my kendalli not really being as good as I wanted for fry control. i decided I wanted to retain my tank for my tropheus. So kendalli and brichardi have a destiny in my malawi tank. Kendalli went in and immediately I saw a personality difference. Fish were not hiding at all and fit in quite well.

Brichardi didn't fair so well...went back to the tank half an hour later and noticed a lyre tail hanging out the back of my christyi. Chased the bugger around but could get her to spit. Took a vid and noticed that the one christyi has 2 tails...rotten biach ate both at once...

It never ceases to amaze me that a tank can be peaceful but the addition of new fish switches on the predator instincts of some species into overdrive.

The same thing happened with the gulper catfish. There were small tank mates but the larger new arrival gets nailed.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a short vid on what I think is my first moliro fry...there is only one. There are also 5 brichardi from the last spawn before the parents got eaten. Its either a runt brichardi or judging from how dad appears to be guarding its a moliro. I'm surprised if it is a tropheus as they are only just colouring and figured it would be another 6-12 months for a spawn.

I'll start planting the tank out if they are breeding as I dont want to breed properly but I'd like to see survival of the fittest in the tank..

• 1 month later...

Did a bit of a tidy up on my 5 footers today. These 5 foot makemyled lights were shining across the room and reflecting off my TV at night and I finally had enough and thought I'd do something about it.

This is my before shot..

nov%20tank%20shots_zpsoalnzslw.jpg

and the after

tank%20cleanup_zpsjtizr2fk.jpg

Basically made a curtain for the bottom and middle section. You now cant see the lids, lights etc and also made a 3 piece timber surround for the top. I didn't have any timber kicking around but I did have half a dozen 6 foot garden stakes. I glued and screwed them together, belt sanded them down and cut them into sectionals

tank%20lid1_zpsf9hjh67s.jpg

I've converted my tank lids over to twinwall polycarbonate and other than its exceptional insulating properties the thing I love about it is you can cut sections to suit plumbing perfectly. You mark it out, trim it and you have perfect lid fittings

lid%20cut_zpsonyq0i18.jpg

but also for my timber surround I just screwed the timber directly to the lids.

tank%20lid2_zpsrkkd1qdn.jpg

You can see that the center lifts for feeding

tank%20lid3_zpseqm5e9gj.jpg

All up, fairly happy for a cheap solution to my glare issue

Archived