Mbuna aquarium

Likoma

Its awesome to see so many fishkeepers setting up Mbuna only tanks. The vibrant colors ,gregarious behavior and social hierarchy is very enjoyable to watch.
MbunaTank2_zps5cf4c6ef.png

This aquarium houses 5 different species and is a current favorite of mine.

MbunaTank3_zpsd4b2c357.png

I love the coloring of the Red Top Tewavasae. The orange fins really highlight the pale blue coloring. They are also excellent algae grazer. No need for waste producing plecs.

Redtoptrewavasae3_zpsf3e81dc5.png

Redtoptrewavasae2_zps5f2947e6.png

MbunaTank_zps1dec5613.png

MbunaTank5_zpsd14c4469.png

MbunaTank4_zps7fcc88ef.png

This is shot through our mixed African cichlid aquarium into the mbuna tank.

MbunaTank6_zpsf383f0b5.png

Nicely balanced and a real life look to it.

Pristine buffed looking water to.

A good set up for viewing in display mode,, because you know a secret little trick that most people don't think of when trying to show of a presentation display.

This is: Having the back half of tank dark and not illuminated, and not being able to see through back of tank.

And using a small amount of quality T type fluorescent light or a mellowed governed halide usually 16000 kelvin.

Just enough light to catch the fish and make them glow in front of the darkness.

To often I see displays flooded out with light.

It's an amazing setup indeed. Beats my texas holey rock and crushed coral sand setup... Gotta set one up like this as well. Led lights? Bonsai rocks? Black Tahitian moon sand? And the background is it painted black?

Archived