6x2x2 Malawi

Matthew_

Recently moved house and decided to give myself a project. ( Cabinet not complete as you can see )

Pictures of Main 6x2x2 tank with various growing out Juvies.

First time putting photos up and still learning. ( hope it works )

Stock list

ps.Demasoni

Electric Yellows

P. Mdoka white lip

N. Venustus ( good quality)

Met. Membe Deep

IMG_5297_zps8b5494b3.jpg

IMG_5301_zps0fc67f66.jpg

IMG_5302_zpsf3941c00.jpg

IMG_5305_zps80fd9c16.jpg

IMG_5313_zpscf1c1d54.jpg

IMG_5315_zps2d761d04.jpg

IMG_5320_zps8c4ddd72.jpg

IMG_5321_zps59eec6bf.jpg

IMG_5341_zps190e3e07.jpg

IMG_5338_zps8c1b9776.jpg

IMG_5376_zpse1007663.jpg

IMG_5375_zps3946c5fc.jpg

IMG_5315_zps2d761d04.jpg

Thanks for all the comments.

I do have some black laminate that i will try out on the door side of the tank i am just trailing this set up ATM see how it goes, i do like the depth black background gives but i also like seeing from every angle.

The aquascaping sorta just worked it self out, i had to split the main rock because it was just too big to fit in the tank and i think it worked out for the best as there is now i crack they can get through as with the rest they are supporting the main rocks and the other side is a 3d back ground i had for a 3ft tank and decided to lay it down like a rock shelf.

ATM im going to let these fish mature a bit and see how the combination of Mbuna and Haps go.

-there are currently 28 fish in the tank-. Should i add more ?

Matt

Nice looking tank! Have you found that your water is discolouring quickly? The reason why I ask is those rocks you are using contain a lot of iron, hence their rusty red color. Some people have no issues using rocks like these. Others are not so lucky.

Yeah iv been using these types of rock for the last 10 years and never had problems with discolouration but iv always used a carbon product so that could be clearing it up.

And yes it is the fx6 iv only had it running for the 2 months and it's really quiet and super easy to set up and user friendly . It also has a drain port which iv plumb into a rain water tank which I thought was handy. Heaps of room inside for product.

Matt

Thanks mate, the yellows look really good in there. Best yellows iv seen in a while really impressed.

I'll continue uploading photos every month or so.

Excited to see the met. membe deep grow up then I'll get them into there own tank.

Matt

Love the rock setup!

The best thing is watching the juvies grow up and change colour and start to take territories I reckon.

Archived