Lepidiolamprologus elongatus

Ged

• 1 month later...

Thank you Ged :notworthy: ...not just for the great pictures but also for the boost of confidence...they are out there...seems a user on here(want to say hello!?! :raisehand: ) ha ha is having a little luck with some recent spawns.. :notworthy::drunk: ...fingers crossed it wont be too long til we can have these awesome fish in our glass boxes(big ones!)again :spaz::santa:

• 1 month later...

hi Ged, is the owner of the fish on this forum? does he/she want a playmate for the lon-e-longa?

Also interested to see how the current 'reported batch' is coming along?

cheers, aqc

Sorry for the delay in responding. It has been busy at work and missed your post.

This was a lone fish from someone down in Melbourne. There are a few people that would be keen to establish a breeding program for this species but I haven't heard back from them.

I will try and make contact tomorrow and will let you know.

Thanks Ged, figured you might have had to deal with the wild storms down there recently ? Interested to know if that one came from Ace Manalo when sold up? My lot originally come from Melb. also.

Hi guys, I have had a little luck with these guys. I lost one of my three males, but so far had two batches of eggs from my female. She is putting on condition before I go for a third batch. First batch are around 3cm second batch 1.5cm.

Most likely Ged, may even have come from my pair originally before they come up here since they are much larger than his were.

Good job Vadnappa, so you are the mystery breeder;) My early lil leopards have been breeding also and have spares... Been a long breeding programme...

its only the beginnings of a small cycle though it seems(and these guys were close to getting lost to the hobby :bye: ) so I personally wouldnt be overly confident just yet....it seems almost impossible to "sell" unaware fishkeepers on these bigger predators :huh: ... unless they are dealing with adults.. :drooling: .because how did this great fish get to be in such a rare position to begin with...from what Ive heard it seems mainly a lack of interest in the hobby...and this is the case with most decent sized piscivores...no one notices the youngsters...I imagine only tang purists and predator lovers are going to be keen until the guys get some serious "radio play"(modelling shoots of adults etc :drooling: )...one big positive is that they are known to have very decent size spawns(100-800 eggs) so hopefully numbers will be up soon .....go you good thing!!! :spaz::notworthy:

Hi guys, I have had a little luck with these guys. I lost one of my three males, but so far had two batches of eggs from my female. She is putting on condition before I go for a third batch. First batch are around 3cm second batch 1.5cm.

Curious too mate...were your spawns decent sizes?..(dont need figures mate :zipit: just rough idea of if they were decent sized spawns...as there is a big difference between 50 :toohard: and 500 :thumbup: )

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job, keep up the good work!

• 5 months later...

they are a decent size at 15cm in the pic ive thought about sourcing these out but dont have a spare tank big enough although i may have an empty 5-2-2 soon

what are the prices on these

Archived