Apistogramma

Kerrin

It's been a while since I've been on here, been doing some other aquarium related things, getting stuck right into planted tanks, and the tang tank is looking a little worse for wear, but everything keeps on breeding in there so it's all good.

My friend recently picked up a DSLR and has left it with me for a play around so I thought I'd heck up some pics of my apisto's

Firstly my Apistogramma sp. abacaxis. I originally thought I had all females, but over the last few weeks there has been some changes with one of them, and a pair has formed so I'm stoked. The male is still young so not fully coloured yet, but he looks great I think.

Here's the pair

oan1cG0.jpg

And the female, I seriously wouldn't mess with her, she's staunch!

t4SX0MZ.jpg

And the young male, Glen i'd love your thoughts on whether I am right here

QRkEh06.jpg

And something I picked up yesterday on an impulse, I couldn't pass it up, and he will be very happy sharing a very heavily planted 2ft with 19 cardinals I think

xzoZush.jpg

Hope you all enjoy!

Beautiful mate! I love apistogramma! And they're night shots!

How's about another full tank shot?

What ever happened with Cooders apistos? Haven't had an update from him in a while either.

Yeah that's a good question, hopefully they are doing well.

I haven't got a good shot of the tank that the abacaxis are in but here's one of the tank that the trifasciata is in, this is the tank that's responsible for my inactivity on here

KXXprPW.jpg

It's been great learning about another facet of the hobby, and as everything is, a steep learning curve but I think it's evolving nicely

Cheers gingerbeer, I was using the ventrals as a guide as well but up until about a month ago all 4 of them had black lines through their ventrals so that was what my assumption was based on. The dorsal extension and behaviour over the last 2-3 weeks has been what I think has sealed if for me

Archived