Pseudotropheus / tropheus

dawghuntr

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me the difference if any between Pseudotropheus and tropheus?

If they are different does the Pseudotropheus still require the stringent and increased water changes and maintainance?

they are 2 seperate groups of fish

they come from different lakes, troheus- lake tanganyika....pseudotropheus are from lake malawi

both should have regular water changes, if you are refering to tropheus being more difficult to keep, its more likely related to bloat adn the fact that the need a mostly green/vegetable diet.

is there anything in particular you wanted to know?

Great thanks for the replys yeah I have been lookin into gettin some Pseudotropheus demasoni in my malawi tank.. And I was told that tropheus create a lot more waste than other Malawian and the maintainance has to be doubled? I might be wrong anyway thanks for the replys!!

i dont believe tropheus create any more waste than most african cichlids.

tropheus can be harder to care for due to bloat, and they are quite agro if the tank isnt right, ie; structure and numbers in colony.

demasoni are pseudotropheus not tropheus., and as said before...pseudo = malawi, tropheus = tanganyika

and demasoni are just outright arseholes , they will attack if they are looked at the wrong way.

either way, a good maintenance routine is required for the care of all fish species, doubled compared to what?

Sounds good ! Yeah I must have been mistaken I usually do fortnightly pwc around 25% on a 200l and was told I would have to do weekly. Maby I should be doing weekly anyway on my tank? Don't know. I have a fairly heavily stocked tank ATM.

tropheus can be harder to care for due to bloat, and they are quite agro if the tank isnt right, ie; structure and numbers in colony.

demasoni are pseudotropheus not tropheus., and as said before...pseudo = malawi, tropheus = tanganyika

and demasoni are just outright arseholes, they are like bulldogs fans after a loss , they will attack if they are looked at the wrong way.

either way, a good maintenance routine is required for the care of all fish species, doubled compared to what?

I take offence to this. Don't paint all fans with the same brush.

if it is heavily stocked I be doing 50%-75% water changed a week (that's what I do)

think of it this way the better the water the better the fish will be and the happier they will be

and the better color they will have also

and demasoni are just outright arseholes, they are like bulldogs fans after a loss , they will attack if they are looked at the wrong way.

LOL :lol5:

Demasoni are nothing like they doggies fans. Doggies fans shouldn't be kept in large groups.

No need mate all good I know the fans you're talking about. All clubs do have an unsavoury element to their fan base. I remember in 2004 my brother and I took our mum to a bulldogs game at the sfs against roosters, her first game since belmore stopped being used and after being beaten 35-0 we were subjected to being called rapists and what not as leaving. And no nor me or my brother retaliated.

Archived