Electric blue help

dawghuntr

Hey guys this one might be easy. I'm just looking for se general advice. I've had a 4ft tank set up for some months now and have around 20 cichlids most purchased as juveniles. Have only had two deaths one recent and the fish was looking underfed and wirey for some time. I have also noticed I brought two electric blues as juveniles one of them is getting big and looking healthy and the other is about a third of its size. A lot thinner not at tall? Could this just be a fale male thin or should I segregate and try and feed separately.?

Thanks.

If it is wasting best to euthanise the fish, i use clove oil(you can buy this from chemists)

in a small amount of water to put the fish to sleep than

once ive left it for about 30mins i put it in a freezer.

Different growth rates in different individuals doesn't necessarily equal wasting, does it? If the fish is just smaller but looks healthy I personally would not euthanise.

Does the smaller fish manage to get a good amount of food? Curious to see pics if you have any.

Yep I can't seem to post pics on my phone but as soon as I get to my pc I will for sure! I got one of them both together. And yeah they do both seem healthy. The smaller one defiantly eats less.

Different growth rates in different individuals doesn't necessarily equal wasting, does it? If the fish is just smaller but looks healthy I personally would not euthanise.

Does the smaller fish manage to get a good amount of food? Curious to see pics if you have any.

Well he did say skinnier and smaller so skinny is usually wasting and i didnt say it was just

asked and said it "sounds like wasting" not definately.

• 1 month later...

If you have a small isolation tank pop it in that and try to feed it up and put some condition back on.Try to save before euthinase. If you dont try you will lose it anyway, no harm in trying. Has the fish been chased or attacked anyway? Any split fins? Does the larger blue harrass the fish in anyway?

Archived