Brent's 4 Foot - Malawi Tank

BrentE

Hey guys, this is my 4 x 2 x 2 tank which i am currently stocking with peacocks, haps & labs. I got the tank second hand for $50 and had to re-silicone the inside, i also made the cabinet which has 2 shelves inside.

I got the (50kg+) of rocks from a local stream i know of and the (40kg) sand is pool filter sand for $20 a bag. I'm currently running 1 - 1200lph internal filter (power head) & 1 - 1500lph internal filter which im replacing with an external 1500lph cannister. The light are 5m of 3020 (waterproof) LED strip's glued all the way around inside of tank with 12v power adaptor running them.

The plan is to make an all male display tank but if it gets too hard i'll change it to male and femlae setup. I also want to get a plain white or blue background and add more rocks along with a led overhead blue/white light.

Stock list

1 - OB peacock male (looks like chipote)

1 - Yellow lab

1 - red fin kandango

1 - red rubin peacock

2 - electric blue Sciaenochromis fryeri

fishtank2_zps196aa4f1.jpg

DSCN1282_zpsd1c8e759.jpg

Red Rubin - Male or female?

DSCN1274_zps839cac90.jpg

Male - Not sure of breed Hybrid of some type

DSCN12732_zps4b443290.jpg

Hey mate, thanks! not sure they knew how much it would cost to buy new haha. I did seal the ply with spray on varnish all over it.

That's some nice alunocara in that link! I'm going to buy more fish at livefish.com.au since my local pet shop is terrible. Anyone on this forum post fish? And have blue neon's?

Cheers brent

• 1 month later...

I recently got some additions to my tank, Cree led light bar, 1500lph cannister filter with UV light, 5% tint film background, 4000lph wave maker, more rocks & shells & 1 male dragon peacock, 1 hongi male, 1 venustus, 1 male blue peacock.

Heres a picture.. a few fish arnt in picture

DSCN1317_zpsda19de9d.jpg

Thanks for replys guys :happy:

Here's a link of the LED light bar, it puts out an awsome light the gleams water and my plant in there seems to be growing nice from it (even though cichlids attack it at times)

I was looking around for ages for a decent LED bar with a good price, they come in 6700k (daylight), red and royal blue & many more with and without dimmer. The dimmer is great you can represent moonlight.

http://www.ebay.com....=item2ec4dfbb25

• 3 weeks later...

Took a few pictures of my current fish in display tank, im unsure of sex in red fin borlyei and orange/blue peacock... any ideas?

Blue Peacock - 3 1/2"

bluepeacock2_zps60bf7f49.jpg

Hongi - 2 1/2"

Hongimale_zps8d6a550a.jpg

Peacock - 2 1/2"

peacock2_zps276e64b7.jpg

Red fin borlyei - 3"

redfin_zps89fbad0b.jpg

Venustus, electric blue & dolphin - 2" to 2 1/2"

venustuselectricblueampbluedolphin_zps1e37301b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived