fish safe pest/bug spray?

frankenstrat

I have use the mortine out door spray that woolworths sells in the 2LT bottle , its like a gel i just spray it around the out side of the house and garage along the floor to create a barrier i find it great as no over spray as the liquid is like a thick gel and it last for over 3 months

Cheers

Lionel

to be honest i dont think i even consider what will happen to my fish if i spray outside. i have used various commercial pest control companies, using all sorts of products externally and had no issues with my fish. internally, they still use the same product, and I just cover the tanks. they also use the cockroach paste on all of the stands. i have had plenty of these cockroaches die and fall in tanks to be eaten by fish with no health issues. i have spoken to the guy who does most of my commercial spraying, and he happens to also be a fish keeper, and he advised me that it has been years since he has even heard of problems with fish from poisons used by commercial pest control companies.

having said that, i never use any of the retail style pest control poisons (mortein raid etc), mainly because I never have a need. so I would probably be more careful with them if used near the tanks, but if used externally I would be surprised if you had any problems with tanks inside your house. still, i would still avoid direct contact with any spray and fish related items such as hoses that may be kept outdoors.

I recently purchased some mortien paste in a tube expensive stuff

But I squeeze some into areas between my tanks where roaches gather they eat it go away and die ,then the next lot of roaches eat the dead roaches they die as well I have sprayed in my room before using a spray with a nozzle that reaches into closed areas no issues but i do run a sump system

cheers

craig

Archived