Electric Blue Jack Dempsey

kaine

Thanks for that Mike, i called Abyss and they have 2 left. I was kinda hoping to find some a little bigger, they are only 4 cm.

Does anyone know if they are very aggressive? wondering if i could put one with my African chiclids. I have a lot of comps, frontosa, peacoks ect ect

I read something which said they were peacefull compared to normal Jack Dempseys.

I have another 3 foot tank that i am setting up for south american chiclids. Really want a flower horn but have heard that i cannot put any other fish with them. Could i put blue jack dempsy, texas chiclid, geophagus brasilians and festae? not very experienced with south americans. Advice would be appreciated.

I read something which said they were peacefull compared to normal Jack Dempseys.

I have another 3 foot tank that i am setting up for south american chiclids. Really want a flower horn but have heard that i cannot put any other fish with them. Could i put blue jack dempsy, texas chiclid, geophagus brasilians and festae? not very experienced with south americans. Advice would be appreciated.

You would be asking for trouble trying to mix those 4 species in a 3 foot tank, a 3 footer would only be suited to the smaller species of SAs like angels, rams, keyholes etc or possibly even a pair of small CAs like firemouths or rainbows something along those lines.

I have quite a few f these fish and have found the EBs very placid compared to the normals or splits(who are seriously aggressive)

My EBs have long fins so could be hassled by other fish esp fin nippers

Central americans like hard alkaline water so your water conditions wont be a problem

IMG_2850.jpg

Have seen mixes like this work but not very often and certainly not in a 3ft tank. You would prabably need at least a 6x2x2 to have a chance of this working IMO. Would also help to put them all in as juvies. I believe it also helps if they are all male.

Cheers

• 5 years later...

Archived